Will merely beating Iowa change the narrative or will their record matter?

lets-talk

Jun 13, 2018
ISU defeating Iowa this year is looking increasingly probable if various reports and predictions are to be believed. The downside if there is one is that these reports indicate that this might not be one of Iowa's better teams, and it certainly not be if they finish near the bottom of their division like some prognosticators suggest.

I was wondering whether then the cyclone faithful might be persuaded to root for the Hawks outside of the game in Trice stadium? Or will the posture continue to be eff them?

• Funny
Reactions: BLHawk and HOU_Blue

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
ISU defeating Iowa this year is looking increasingly probable if various reports and predictions are to be believed. The downside if there is one is that these reports indicate that this might not be one of Iowa's better teams, and it certainly not be if they finish near the bottom of their division like some prognosticators suggest.

I was wondering whether then the cyclone faithful might be persuaded to root for the Hawks outside of the game in Trice stadium? Or will the posture continue to be eff them?
No. Why would I root for Iowa?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
1.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

If / when we beat Iowa this year, I hope they go on to have a good year of their own, however there's not a chance I'll be rooting for them and if they end up tanking... good riddance.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Where are these reports saying this isn't supposed to be a good Iowa team?
I don't follow much Iowa reporting, but everything I've seen says they'll complete for the West.

Let's not set the bar too high...

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
It will do two things. Give ISU bragging rights for a year, and more importantly it will shut Hawkeye fans up for an entire year. The silence truly is the best part.
Still don’t think that happens lol

• Winner
Reactions: JM4CY

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Beating them more often than not over several years will change perceptions, not a single year. That said, we have potentially the best ever football team in our history this year. We shouldn't be losing this one on our own field.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Dowling could compete in the West
Lol Well they do recruit so..

I wasn't giving an opinion on how Iowa will finish, merely responding to the OP saying:
if they finish near the bottom of their division like some prognosticators suggest

One can always hope, but I've not seen anything to indicate they'll finish near the bottom of the division.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

giphy.gif

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

I think this is seriously jumping the gun. The Hawks won't finish near the bottom.

Regardless I will never root for them other than the games before the Cy-Hawk game. I want them undefeated going into the matchup.

Even if they finish near the bottom Iowa State will have enough quality wins that our fanbase won't need to root for them.