Will merely beating Iowa change the narrative or will their record matter?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
giphy.gif

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Okay? What does Baylor's schedule have to do with them being a quality opponent?
It might look like a quality win at the time you play them (and should beat them) and for a few weeks afterwards. But they will be exposed once November comes by TCU, Oklahoma, and Texas back to back to back.

• Funny
  • Dumb
Reactions: Rural and inCyteful

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
ISU defeating Iowa this year is looking increasingly probable if various reports and predictions are to be believed. The downside if there is one is that these reports indicate that this might not be one of Iowa's better teams, and it certainly not be if they finish near the bottom of their division like some prognosticators suggest.

I was wondering whether then the cyclone faithful might be persuaded to root for the Hawks outside of the game in Trice stadium? Or will the posture continue to be eff them?
giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It might look like a quality win at the time you play them (and should beat them) and for a few weeks afterwards. But they will be exposed once November comes by TCU, Oklahoma, and Texas back to back to back.
So they suck because they lose to a quality TCU team and two top 10 opponents?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Oh wow, the thought that a team may lose to TCU, OU and Texas in back to back to back weeks ... no way they could be quality if that happens. Come on man. I'm starting to think we have different thresholds for what a "quality" opponent is.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Oh wow, the thought that a team may lose to TCU, OU and Texas in back to back to back weeks ... no way they could be quality if that happens. Come on man. I'm starting to think we have different thresholds for what a "quality" opponent is.
I guess we'll find out. If they lose all 3 of those games by 4 touchdowns then I'd say NO they aren't a quality opponent.

• Dumb
Reactions: inCyteful

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
ISU defeating Iowa this year is looking increasingly probable if various reports and predictions are to be believed. The downside if there is one is that these reports indicate that this might not be one of Iowa's better teams, and it certainly not be if they finish near the bottom of their division like some prognosticators suggest.

I was wondering whether then the cyclone faithful might be persuaded to root for the Hawks outside of the game in Trice stadium? Or will the posture continue to be eff them?

I think beating Texas is more important as he has yet to do that.

But Iowa is important as a way to move on.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I really hate the hoks and everything they stand for. Which isn't much. I hate their fans, their players, their campus, their city. Posters on this board know that, I even get negatives from some of them in the past for the venom I spew towards ToE.

I want them to go in the tank and stay there. It's a dumb question. End of discussion.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He/she also thinks Iowa State was better than Iowa last year- not exactly an unbiased individual.
I think Iowa was better than Iowa State when we played in early September. I think Iowa State would've beaten Iowa if they had played their last game against one another. Either way, it doesn't matter.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: BLHawk and CyTwins

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

tenor.gif