NFL: Hard to argue Kaepernick isn't blacklisted....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Hes had interest and offers but he turned them down because he wanted more money or a shot at being the starter or in the case of the Ravens his girlfriend helped ruin that chance too That's not being blacklisted that is being a douche that feels hes entitled to something. Hes probably making more money from his Nike deal and settlement with the NFL than he would be playing so I dont feel bad for him as hes being paid well without having to go through the rigors of playing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bro...m=referral&utm_content=topbar&utm_term=mobile

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...sign-colin-kaepernick-after-girlfriends-tweet

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ract-reportedly-didnt-happen-because-of-money

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Hes had interest and offers but he turned them down because he wanted more money or a shot at being the starter or in the case of the Ravens his girlfriend helped ruin that chance too That's not being blacklisted that is being a douche that feels hes entitled to something. Hes probably making more money from his Nike deal and settlement with the NFL than he would be playing so I dont feel bad for him as hes being paid well without having to go through the rigors of playing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bro...m=referral&utm_content=topbar&utm_term=mobile

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...sign-colin-kaepernick-after-girlfriends-tweet

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ract-reportedly-didnt-happen-because-of-money

Get that John Elway **** out of here.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Once all the NFL teams have made their cuts, we'll see what QB's all make NFL team rosters, and then we can go down the list and see if you wouldn't take Kap over some of them.

It's almost like the NFL is an entertainment business and behaves like the other entertainment business out there.

And until people stop watching the entertainment that assaults their values, it will go on.

D

Deleted member 8507

Was Royce White blacklisted? Obviously, he had more talent than many players who stayed and played in the league. The on the field/court product is only part of the package and teams are purchasing the entire package.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You can't tell me that Kap couldn't at least be a 2nd or 3rd string QB for someone. I'd take him easily as the 2nd or 3rd team QB on my Packers.

I can't outright tell that he would be that good of a fit anywhere as a backup unless the coach is going to change their offense around his strengths (running) which isn't likely.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I can't outright tell that he would be that good of a fit anywhere as a backup unless the coach is going to change their offense around his strengths (running) which isn't likely.
I think this is the answer as well as he didn't really want to accept any backup offers after he had an absolutely atrocious season.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

I think most teams keep to the same philosophy. One backup spot is a developmental guy, trying to find the QB of the future, where fit would be important. But the other spot is just a veteran that can be a serviceable stop gap for an injury. He could have sat on a bench doing that for the rest of his career. Not unlike Seneca’s career.

That being said I haven’t really followed it close enough to say whether he would have accepted that eventually. It’s hard to parse through the irrational hate and what actually happened.

• Agree

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Josh McCown also understands he’s a backup, isn’t demanding pay well over his worth, has played in the last 4 NFL seasons, and isn’t going to bring any distractions to the locker room.

This x 1000. If Kapernick was willing to accept his role as a backup quarterback then he'd be on a team.

• Winner
Reactions: xboxfever

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I agree. Mike Pence should be fired for showing up at a football game that one time just to stage leaving in protest.

Kaepernick's best years were while Harbaugh was working on wearing out his welcome in San Fran and since he's gone the way of RG3 and a host of others that need to be able to play in the pocket to be successful.

He's simply not good enough. Imo if he were good enough, someone would take the chance on him.

There's exceptions like Russel Wilson but he's one who can play out of the pocket.

This is where I’m at. Kap had a huge arm and was mobile, but he has to be the starter because of his skill set. He’s a terrible fit as a backup because you have to change your entire scheme for him.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Josh McCown also understands he’s a backup, isn’t demanding pay well over his worth, has played in the last 4 NFL seasons, and isn’t going to bring any distractions to the locker room.

Now it's to the point where who knows how good he is having been gone this long. When the league pushed him out it was incredibly obvious he was much better than the average third stringer.

The better argument has always been that privately owned businesses have a right to fire someone who brings them public controversy. I can't pretend to have the legal expertise to say when that's the law and when it crosses into discrimination. I think it's a pretty lazy argument to claim he suddenly wasn't good enough to be in the league at all.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The problem with this comparison is those guys are talented enough owners are willing to deal with the controversy. Ray Rice didn't see another snap after his incident.
So, if you're good you can do anything you want and still have a job despite controversy? Sounds like a really familiar tune...

• Agree

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It's just really strange to me how outraged people are that a guy sits or kneels for the National Anthem (perfectly within his rights, and not harming anyone), but yet there's guys all over the league who have beat up women, been busted with drugs, drunk driving, etc, etc, etc..... all which have harmed others, or could have, and yet that's somehow fine with these same people that are outraged by Kap.

So hypocritical. The Browns can sign Kareem Hunt, but yet teams are scared of signing Kap? The Chiefs can trade for a guy that beats women, but don't dare sign Kap!

I don't know what Kap is asking for, but if he really wants to play, he should be fine with the league minimum if he really wants a shot again IMO. But I'm sure he won't accept that, so that's on him.

It's a mirror. It's our society that is rotten.

Many more fans stopped watching because they believed a ridiculous lie that CK was protesting our troops than will quit because Kareem Hunt is cashing in for wife beating.

• Winner

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Is Kap willing to take 2nd string money?

The answer to that is reportedly “no”. The kneeling thing initially bothered me, but it really doesn’t anymore. The real question, if I was an owner, is “do I want to sign a backup QB that’s going to demand starter money and deal with the media circus he (and his girlfriend) are going to bring to the team every single day?” The answer to that is a resounding “no”. Personally, I’m not signing an overpriced (for the talent) QB that’s going to be a distraction everyday when the position he’d be filling is an economical one (you don’t break the bank for a backup QB). So yes, Kaepernick MAY be better than most backup QBs in the league. Doesn’t mean I’m going to want to sign him, especially if the team has more important needs to spend that money on.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
It's a mirror. It's our society that is rotten.

Many more fans stopped watching because they believed a ridiculous lie that CK was protesting our troops than will quit because Kareem Hunt is cashing in for wife beating.

I'm in no way defending Kareem Hunt, but he didn't beat his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.