NFL: Hard to argue Kaepernick isn't blacklisted....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Nah it's a pretty bad take that I as an American am somehow responsible for the culture of people who are ok with police publicly executing black people with no consequences

I can’t tell if you’re joking or not.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I think we have collective responsibility though.
Why, why am I responsible for someone else being tacitly ok with police murdering blacks? Like what have I done to normalize that.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Why, why am I responsible for someone else being tacitly ok with police murdering blacks? Like what have I done to normalize that.

You’re an American. You’ve benefitted from all of our positives and should feel some urge to fix the flaws. I get the whole argument for CYA, but I think that’s one of things that’s one of the things that’s just wrecking us.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't think a collective culture even exists in America

Bingo.

Unless there's massive destruction or something. Somehow people were able to magically collectively contribute something like $42 million to JJ Watt's hurricane relief.

Otherwise it's the 'me and mine', eating ****** food and then wondering later why our medical bills are so high when we get preventable chronic diseases associated with careless lifestyles.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/17/sport/eagles-josh-mccown-trnd/index.html

"Alex Whitcomb, manager of audience development for wired.com, wrote: "I'm a big Eagles fan, but I do have to ask: Is Josh McCown really better than Colin Kaepernick?"

A user named Flash Gordon SZN pointed out Kaepernick has four playoff wins in his six seasons and McCown has zero playoff appearances."

I'm not sure if this will affect his lawsuit or not, but this is a bit ridiculous....

It's pretty simple. No, McCown isn't better, but Kapernick isnt' worth the circus that comes with him. What team wants that headache? Sorry Colin.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
You’re an American. You’ve benefitted from all of our positives and should feel some urge to fix the flaws. I get the whole argument for CYA, but I think that’s one of things that’s one of the things that’s just wrecking us.

How are you fixing the flaws?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I don't think Kaepernick is the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Seems like a valid question if we are responsible...

Damn it, you two have got to me. :)

At the moment I’m high and playing NBA2k.

I’ve lived in one of the poorest zip codes (64128) in the country for a year, I taught ESL to immigrants for two. I keep a pair of gloves in my gas-guzzler (gotta do better there) in case I get stuck in mountain traffic so I can pick up some *******’s trash along the road. I sponsor two kids via world vision, I have $500 cycling through Kiva, and I can’t remember the last time I’ve taken the standard deduction and it wasn’t because of my mortgage interest or student loans until last year. I take the train to work one day a week and I need to bump it up to five. Jesus, my own father calls me too pure for my own good. And **** all of that stuff. It’s minute and isn’t going to make much difference. You are what you do, and I’m getting paid to bring renewable power to your homes.

And don’t tell me good job, @Cyclone.TV. Your cynicism isn’t novel.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

I’ve lived in one of the poorest zip codes (64128) in the country for a year, I taught ESL to immigrants for two. I keep a pair of gloves in my gas-guzzler (gotta do better there) in case I get stuck in mountain traffic so I can pick up some *******’s trash along the road. I sponsor two kids via world vision, I have $500 cycling through Kiva, and I can’t remember the last time I’ve taken the standard deduction and it wasn’t because of my mortgage interest or student loans until last year. I take the train to work one day a week and I need to bump it up to five. Jesus, my own father calls me too pure for my own good. And **** all of that stuff. It’s minute and isn’t going to make much difference. You are what you do, and I’m getting paid to bring renewable power to your homes.

But still football man no stand.

Reactions: Doc

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

You can also look at where we're at collectively if people with your view and my view of the situation didn't exist, if our population was 100% people outraged over taking a knee to protest young black men being killed and lying that it was about hating American soldiers. Needless to say the circumstance of every minority group would be drastically worse. We're better when we face all of it and sometimes the only thing you can do is be honest about the whole messy thing.

The idea that "I like people who weren't captured" voters are the same people who most often repeat the lie that CK was protesting against soldiers is what really grinds my gears the most in the whole thing. Really? "I like people who weren't captured" is ok but taking a knee to protest young black boys and men being shot...that's disrespecting our soldiers? Give me a break.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
You can also look at where we're at collectively if people with your view and my view of the situation didn't exist, if our population was 100% people outraged over taking a knee to protest young black men being killed and lying that it was about hating American soldiers. Needless to say the circumstance of every minority group would be drastically worse. We're better when we face all of it and sometimes the only thing you can do is be honest about the whole messy thing.

The idea that "I like people who weren't captured" voters are the same people who most often repeat the lie that CK was protesting against soldiers is what really grinds my gears the most in the whole thing. Really? "I like people who weren't captured" is ok but taking a knee to protest young black boys and men being shot...that's disrespecting our soldiers? Give me a break.

We need to think differently. Your shrink tells you how to survive in this world, but ideally you would have a purpose you’re driving toward so you wouldn’t need a therapist to calm your raging mind.

Or we just live in the mountains and let the others deal with it. Btw...you want to come to Colorado and live in my friend’s compound? Do you have skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron