Jon Wilner ranks Iowa State #8 in pre-season AP ballot

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
It's odd how individual voters rank teams. We get so used to seeing the polls after the ballots are counted that we often forget that after the first few teams, ballots can be quite different.

There are probably voters that may have Iowa ranked in the top ten and some that may not have ISU or Iowa or lots of teams that end up in the poll on their ballots.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It's odd how individual voters rank teams. We get so used to seeing the polls after the ballots are counted that we often forget that after the first few teams, ballots can be quite different.

There are probably voters that may have Iowa ranked in the top ten and some that may not have ISU or Iowa or lots of teams that end up in the poll on their ballots.

You can actually do this all year, after each week the ballots come out. Here's the final from last year, ballots that included iowa state

https://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/iowa-state-cyclones/2018

• Informative
Reactions: beentherebefore

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
tenor.gif
I can't decide if I should thank you for the needed laugh tonight or curse you for putting that image in my head.

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
My mind says “Let’s not get carried away. Being ranked 20 to 25 is more realistic.”

My heart says “Hook that cardinal and gold kool aid directly to my veins!”

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Reactions: Aclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron