MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
My guess is we will see a position player pitching tonight for an inning or two. Not worth wasting arms and Lester clearly doesn’t give a ****. Can’t wait for him to complain he doesn’t have his personal catcher

• Creative
Reactions: RivClone23

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
I looked at the At Bat app.....what in the actual ****!!!!!

People have figured out Lester. I never liked the ******, not from the start. Dude is a headcase.

• Funny
Reactions: CyPunch

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Let’s all play a game predicting Lester’s tweet tomorrow about tonight’s game.

“Unacceptable. Didn’t have my stuff tonight and the results showed it. Gotta get back to work and get better. Q will pick us up tomorrow. NVRQT”

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's a bad outing but some of you are freaking out over it. Jon's a bulldog, and he's been a good Cub. Doesn't miss starts, never wants to come out of games, and has actually done some, some good things at the plate. (Week or two ago, they said he's tied for most RBIs by a pitcher since beginning of '17. Who ever would have thought of that?)

Flush the game Jon and come back strong like we know you can.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
The offense is bound to flip the script and be just fine. I still think with Contreras we have the second or third most potent offense in the NL, behind the Dodgers and maybe the Braves.

Our pitching staff, both starting and relievers, beats both of those squads.

It becomes a contest of who’s the hottest team in October. I personally think the Dodgers have been the most talented team for a few years now, and their farm system is loaded. However, they haven’t won any World Series.

My only concern, thinking future, is IF the Cubs make a run this postseason, Theo and Jed sitting on their hands all offseason content with how this year went.

The Cubs have better pitching than the Dodgers? Yikes that’s a poor take.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I love Jon Lester, but I do feel like whenever these type of games happen, he’s the pitcher for it. He’ll bounce back

Reactions: JP4CY

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The Cubs have better pitching than the Dodgers? Yikes that’s a poor take.

Since the all star break, the Dodgers have a 0.10 better ERA than the Cubs.

The Cubs bullpen is better.

Dodgers have a better 1-3, but are either rolling out a rookie as their 4 or Maeda, whos been under attack by his own fan base wanting him removed from the starting role.

Lastly, the Dodgers aren’t exactly notorious for their pitching in October.

• Funny

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
It's a bad outing but some of you are freaking out over it. Jon's a bulldog, and he's been a good Cub. Doesn't miss starts, never wants to come out of games, and has actually done some, some good things at the plate. (Week or two ago, they said he's tied for most RBIs by a pitcher since beginning of '17. Who ever would have thought of that?)

Flush the game Jon and come back strong like we know you can.
I agree with you on all of the above but I just found it funny that you mentioned that he doesn’t miss starts and never wants to come out of games, yet both of those just happened.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

Dodgers have a better 1-3, but are either rolling out a rookie as their 4 or Maeda, whos been under attack by his own fan base wanting him removed from the starting role.

I stopped reading after the Cubs bullpen being better

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

And yet Maeda's ERA is basically the same as Darvish, Quintana and Lester, all are right around 4.40, plus Stipling has better numbers and also Rich Hill is expected back this year. They also have legit pitching prospects they can call up unlike Chicago.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyPunch

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I stopped reading after the Cubs bullpen being better

The Cubs bullpen, when healthy, is better - any national pundit will tell you that. The Dodgers were blasted at the deadline for not improving the bullpen. All they have is Jansen, who’s numbers are drastically declining. Baez is their next best pitcher, is rather mediocre.

Cubs, again when healthy, have one of the strongest bullpens in the game. Cishek is our 4th or 5th best reliever and would probably be their main set up man.

• Disagree

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
The Cubs bullpen, when healthy, is better - any national pundit will tell you that. The Dodgers were blasted at the deadline for not improving the bullpen. All they have is Jansen, who’s numbers are drastically declining. Baez is their next best pitcher, is rather mediocre.

Cubs, again when healthy, have one of the strongest bullpens in the game. Cishek is our 4th or 5th best reliever and would probably be their main set up man.

What does healthy mean? With a healthy Kimbrell, Strop and Morrow? Cause that ain't happening. I'd love to hear the four relievers the Cubs have who are better than Cishek.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
And yet Maeda's ERA is basically the same as Darvish, Quintana and Lester, all are right around 4.40, plus Stipling has better numbers and also Rich Hill is expected back this year. They also have legit pitching prospects they can call up unlike Chicago.

Rich Hill is planning to take on a bullpen role in October.

I’m interested in hearing who these top pitching prospects are. Other than May, they don’t really have any pitchers on the farm who are expected to produce at the MLB level.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010