Naz signs two-way deal with Pacers

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Per multiple outlets on Twitter.

Nice, good for Naz. He'll need to earn a backup roster spot as PG but could be opportunity there behind Brogdan (who does have injury concerns himself). Arron Holiday, McConnell and Sumner are far from proven, don't provide the outside shooting threat and on short deals.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
giphy.gif

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Awesome. The Pacers are really high on Malcolm Brogdan at starting PG. I think they would like to see Arron Holiday play his way into the second unit PG. McConnell is likely insurance in case Holiday fails. Victor Oladipo may be out until Dec., so the Pacers may need some depth at guard early. If give the chance, Naz can space the floor unlike Holiday and McConnell but Coach Nate McMillan seems to favor guards with experience.

I hope Naz gets some opportunities with the Pacers.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Awesome. The Pacers are really high on Malcolm Brogdan at starting PG. I think they would like to see Arron Holiday play his way into the second unit PG. McConnell is likely insurance in case Holiday fails. Victor Oladipo may be out until Dec., so the Pacers may need some depth at guard early. If give the chance, Naz can space the floor unlike Holiday and McConnell but Coach Nate McMillan seems to favor guards with experience.

I hope Naz gets some opportunities with the Pacers.

That's pretty much what I was going to say. Plenty of opportunity in the Pacers backcourt early in the season with Oladipo out. Brogdon is locked in as the starter. Beyond that they want Holiday to become the primary backup but he has yet to prove it, and McConnell is just a depth guy.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Nice work! Him, Niang, Morris, and Thomas together was such a delight. Now all of them have NBA deals! That game tying shot against Okie State at the buzzard was one of my favorite moments in ISU sports history. Seeing that look of defeat on Marcus Smart’s face, even though there was still overtime to be played, was priceless.

Reactions: Blackhawk6515

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Someday I hope to see Naz on the sidelines as an ISU assistant coach/recruiter!

Who knows if it will be at Iowa State, but I really think Naz is the one that is going to be a coach.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Nice work! Him, Niang, Morris, and Thomas together was such a delight. Now all of them have NBA deals! That game tying shot against Okie State at the buzzard was one of my favorite moments in ISU sports history. Seeing that look of defeat on Marcus Smart’s face, even though there was still overtime to be played, was priceless.

Him that entire season was such a joy. Remember when he hit a **** ton of 3's in the first game of the season that year?

Like a moth to a flame, I'm half watching a replay of the Big 12 championship game tonight on Cyclones TV (even though I have it on DVR and it isn't that great of a game...) and it makes me smile every time they show Naz in the crowd.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron