flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Drake was a few injuries away from the tournament last season. They were 11-2 until Nick Norton, who was probably their best player, tore his ACL. But Drake still won the regular season MVC title. Then they lost two more starters for the MVC tournament. If you didn't watch Drake last year then you missed out on a heck of a team!

I misread the original post. My mistake. Yes, I was aware of what Drake accomplished last year.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It was a fun watch. It has to be a challenge trying to get these teams together. You shoot for the best guys, but then you might get a guy get a late contract with an NBA team like Burton last year, or a situation like Jok where he has to scratch due to getting his contract overseas.

If ISU would quit putting all these guys in the NBA they might be able to provide more help!
I had forgotten about Josh Young and how good he was. I also used to think I paid a decent amount of attention to Iowa basketball, but I don't remember Cyrus Tate at all.

I think the Iowa United format is great and will do well moving forward.

Imagine the team you could put together if we didn't have all these NBA guys.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I don't think I've read much about the role played last night by Josh Young of Drake. He was a solid sidekick for Tyrus.

Reactions: Murphcy

barryb4384

Jun 30, 2006
On the "fan" side of this tourney competition/contest, tomorrow is the last day to sign up and support a team. Since NO team has 1000 supporters yet, whichever team you sign up for, you win money if they win 3 straight games and become champions. Overseas has 900 fans, so they are close. I'm 29th but hope to climb to the top 15 and get in the $1000 range for Team Hines. My wife is in the top 200 for Golden Eagles and gets $500 if they win. And it only took her about 15 minutes to sign up and click a few things to get to those points. Knowing our luck, neither of those teams will win though.

• Useful
Reactions: Cycsk

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
On the "fan" side of this tourney competition/contest, tomorrow is the last day to sign up and support a team. Since NO team has 1000 supporters yet, whichever team you sign up for, you win money if they win 3 straight games and become champions. Overseas has 900 fans, so they are close. I'm 29th but hope to climb to the top 15 and get in the $1000 range for Team Hines. My wife is in the top 200 for Golden Eagles and gets $500 if they win. And it only took her about 15 minutes to sign up and click a few things to get to those points. Knowing our luck, neither of those teams will win though.

Yeah I seriously don't know why more people don't do this.. you have a you good shot of winning actual money for doing almost nothing.
Overseas elite added a couple guys today. I don't really see them losing.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Yeah I seriously don't know why more people don't do this.. you have a you good shot of winning actual money for doing almost nothing.
Overseas elite added a couple guys today. I don't really see them losing.
Went online and supported Overseas Elite, got up to around 500 in fan points so I would only win 100 bucks, but it took me less than 10 minutes to get my account set up and accumulate enough points so that I was safely in the top 1,000. Thanks!

• Winner
Reactions: Cycsk

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Overseas Elite is down 1 at halftime to Loyalty is Love.

I became a fan of Loyalty some I'm rooting for them.

Isiah Austin and Pierre Jackson are two recognizable guys for Loyalty.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
I think there are only 2 players left out of the state. Kane and Aaron white

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Kane just took a helluva hit...ran into a tall brick wall...

Kane went down hard to the floor more times than any guy I can remember for Iowa State. The guy was fearless about finishing and did not care how he was going to land.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Great game going on right now. Best one I've seen yet. Deandre Kane v. Aaron Craft. Just got to the Elam Ending. 63-63.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron