IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Quick synopsis?

Some of the posters thought they should have been feeding the post players while one poster called #25 a ballhog. One comment that stuck out:

Iowa guards have cost them this game. They’re terrible.

That particular poster might have had that comment locked in for the last few seasons.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Looking forward to hearing from @mattyice. Have to think he was feeling pretty good in the 3rd quarter. No doubt that our team showed up and gave a good effort this year. Knocking off the Aftershocks in Wichita would have been awesome. Can't wait to see what gets put together for next year.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Looking forward to hearing from @mattyice. Have to think he was feeling pretty good in the 3rd quarter. No doubt that our team showed up and gave a good effort this year. Knocking off the Aftershocks in Wichita would have been awesome. Can't wait to see what gets put together for next year.

Hey sorry guys. I was going to reply last night but to be honest I was exhausted. Ha.
That was a lot of fun and I hope you guys enjoyed watching.
So Peter we knew wasn't going to play probably 2 weeks ago. He does have a slight foot issue but the main thing was he had signed overseas and he needs a Sudanese passport. Those overseas teams can only take so many Americans so if he gets that passport he makes more money. And hes just under a time crunch.

As far as Megan goes there was a substantial amount of sponsorship money for her if she was even checked into the game. It turned out with how big Wichita state was that that probably worked out as best as it could with her not playing. The idea was that we would check her in and post her against Frankamp.

I know the result was the same from last year but we are light years ahead from where this thing was a couple years ago. We already have guys that couldn't play this year that want to next year and just structurally are in a much better place to keep this going and improve.
Still sucks losing.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
That was better than I expected. Baer looked out of shape. Need a major upgrade at the 4 if I’m counting Tiby and McGlynn as 5’s.

WTH is a Tiby and McGlynn? Sounds like a 70s cop show.

Seriously, I have only marginally been paying attention to TBT this year, but I have zero idea who either of those guys are. Drake guys? Indian Hills CC?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Hey sorry guys. I was going to reply last night but to be honest I was exhausted.

The idea was that we would check her in and post her against Frankamp.

I know the result was the same from last year /QUOTE]

I hope you went out and had a good time with the team. The effort of players, coaches, and administration was impressive.

Will pay money just to see Megan post up Grampkamp.

Not the same result. We are very proud of you guys this year. And we especially enjoyed having one of our Cyclone Finest (Tyrus McGee) being showcased and exceeding the hype.

It sucks losing, but I suspect that fans feel very different this year and are already looking forward to next year. Just read the posts about getting a game in Des Moines or Hilton.

Reactions: isutrevman

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
I hope you went out and had a good time with the team. The effort of players, coaches, and administration was impressive.

Will pay money just to see Megan post up Grampkamp.

Not the same result. We are very proud of you guys this year. And we especially enjoyed having one of our Cyclone Finest (Tyrus McGee) being showcased and exceeding the hype.

It sucks losing, but I suspect that fans feel very different this year and are already looking forward to next year. Just read the posts about getting a game in Des Moines or Hilton.

Yeah. I'm gonna work my tail off to try to get a des moines region next year. Going to be tough considering Columbus and Wichita both put on a really good show. But there's some pretty big appeal having 4 fan bases in town as opposed to just 1.
We'll see. And thanks.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Hey sorry guys. I was going to reply last night but to be honest I was exhausted. Ha.
That was a lot of fun and I hope you guys enjoyed watching.
So Peter we knew wasn't going to play probably 2 weeks ago. He does have a slight foot issue but the main thing was he had signed overseas and he needs a Sudanese passport. Those overseas teams can only take so many Americans so if he gets that passport he makes more money. And hes just under a time crunch.

As far as Megan goes there was a substantial amount of sponsorship money for her if she was even checked into the game. It turned out with how big Wichita state was that that probably worked out as best as it could with her not playing. The idea was that we would check her in and post her against Frankamp.

I know the result was the same from last year but we are light years ahead from where this thing was a couple years ago. We already have guys that couldn't play this year that want to next year and just structurally are in a much better place to keep this going and improve.
Still sucks losing.

Even though Hilton Magic won a game 2 years ago, that was mainly due to Garrett going nuts. This was the most complete team you guys have put out there yet. Keep up the good work.

• Agree

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It was a fun watch. It has to be a challenge trying to get these teams together. You shoot for the best guys, but then you might get a guy get a late contract with an NBA team like Burton last year, or a situation like Jok where he has to scratch due to getting his contract overseas.

If ISU would quit putting all these guys in the NBA they might be able to provide more help!
I had forgotten about Josh Young and how good he was. I also used to think I paid a decent amount of attention to Iowa basketball, but I don't remember Cyrus Tate at all.

I think the Iowa United format is great and will do well moving forward.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I really enjoyed watching the game. Tyrus is a stud. The Drake guys played well. The team needed another scorer. It was to easy to focus on Tyrus in the second half.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
WTH is a Tiby and McGlynn? Sounds like a 70s cop show.

Seriously, I have only marginally been paying attention to TBT this year, but I have zero idea who either of those guys are. Drake guys? Indian Hills CC?
You obviously only marginally pay attention to college basketball in Iowa if you do not know who they are.
Tiby was a stud at Urbandale and went on to play in Wisonsin.
Mcglynn was MVC defensive player of the year and runner up for Larry Bird Trophy

• Agree

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
You obviously only marginally pay attention to college basketball in Iowa if you do not know who they are.
Mcglynn was MVC defensive player of the year and runner up for Larry Bird Trophy

Nobody gives a **** about the MVC...

Edit: I missed the "in Iowa" part of your post. My bad. I'm not a strong reader.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: UNI1ISU2

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Tiby played at UW Milwaukee. The only reason I had any idea who he was because of Cap City League.

benman82

Nov 17, 2009
Nobody gives a **** about the MVC...
Drake was a few injuries away from the tournament last season. They were 11-2 until Nick Norton, who was probably their best player, tore his ACL. But Drake still won the regular season MVC title. Then they lost two more starters for the MVC tournament. If you didn't watch Drake last year then you missed out on a heck of a team!

Help Support Us

Become a patron