What the hell is growing in my yard?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Grass Syphilis. It's a growing epidemic in the U.S.
36c2le.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: JM4CY

nocsious3

Aug 23, 2013
I’ve got some kind of weird bug or fungus or some alien substance growing in my yard. Looks like a small 6in in diameter spiderweb of some kind but is almost more fine than that. Looks like a tiny cloud burrowed in my grass. I don’t see any spiders in them. First found them all over my front yard when I got back from a vacation. Mowed over them and thought that was that. They are starting to come back in random places around my yard now and creeping towards the back. Any idea what this could be? Do I need to spray for them?TIA

You likely have a lawn fungus. Look at the blades of grass and see if you have some brown lesions or spots. Diagnosing the specific fungus is difficult and sometimes requires a lab analysis, but that doesn't matter. Go to the hardware store and get a bag of Scott's DiseaseEX and put it down at the curative rate. It's about $20 a bag. Follow up on the recommended schedule of treatment on the bag. Unfortunately fungicides are about the most expensive thing you'll apply to a lawn, but sometimes they are necessary.

• Informative
Reactions: JM4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron