Amazon Prime Day

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Picked up a couple of the fire 7 tablets for kids. That will probably do it for us.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
If he thinks they're not spying on you, then he is the one that needs the tin foil hat.
First, your comment makes no sense. 2nd, spying? I guess if you mean aggregating data on users, sure. If you mean actually listening in on my day to day activities, no. Why would they? Not that I have anything to hide anyways. My life is boring and would be pointless for most to pay attention to. So are most people's lives who own alexas and fire TVs and whatnot. Why would they bother wasting their time on the tremendous amount of resources it would take to do that, not to mention the potential legal ramifications? There is no value in it for them.

• Winner
Reactions: Tailg8er

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
First, your comment makes no sense. 2nd, spying? I guess if you mean aggregating data on users, sure. If you mean actually listening in on my day to day activities, no. Why would they? Not that I have anything to hide anyways. My life is boring and would be pointless for most to pay attention to. So are most people's lives who own alexas and fire TVs and whatnot. Why would they bother wasting their time on the tremendous amount of resources it would take to do that, not to mention the potential legal ramifications? There is no value in it for them.

That's exactly what I would say...IF I WORKED FOR AMAZON!!

Alexa, where's my Reynolds Wrap?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I will say I'm always curiously fascinated by the $30 Kindle Fire 7" color tablet vs the $400 similar size Ipad Mini. They really aren't that far off each other and I've owned probably nine or ten Apple computers. I use an iPad pro to draw on in creative meetings but it's not like the Mini would work well for that, as a streaming video/web browser which is what the iPad Mini is the Fire does its job almost as well.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Anyone considering the Fire 7 tablet should consider the Fire HD 8, depending on the purpose. It's not just bigger -- it has a higher resolution screen, more RAM, more internal storage, better battery life, and better speakers. We have a couple of the Fire HD 8 tablets for the kids, and they are really good for the price.

At $30 (or 2 for $50) vs $50 (or 2 for $80), both are very good deals for what you get.

Last edited:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Anyone considering the Fire 7 tablet should consider the Fire HD 8, depending on the purpose. It's not just bigger -- it has a higher resolution screen, more RAM, more internal storage, and better speakers. We have a couple of the Fire HD 8 tablets for the kids, and they are really good for the price.

At $30 (or 2 for $50) vs $50 (or 2 for $80), both are very good deals for what you get.

I decided to go with 7s because they are 4.5 and 2 and won't know any different so it seemed like a good way to save $50. Now if I was buying for myself...

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
104$ for this disc golf basket is a really good deal, I bought 4
61a%2BGJI1cbL._AC_UL115_.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 1100011CS

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I will say I'm always curiously fascinated by the $30 Kindle Fire 7" color tablet vs the $400 similar size Ipad Mini. They really aren't that far off each other and I've owned probably nine or ten Apple computers. I use an iPad pro to draw on in creative meetings but it's not like the Mini would work well for that, as a streaming video/web browser which is what the iPad Mini is the Fire does its job almost as well.
Tried to use a Kindle Fire to control a drone and it was not good. Ended buying a Samsung Tab. Fires are good for browsing and reading and that's about it.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Seriously brah? You don’t know anyone with a .edu email address?
I don't think a .edu address is enough anymore. Last year I had to use my grad school .edu address AND a proof of current enrollment (such as billing statement or dated student ID) to get the discount. I graduated so I can't do the student discount anymore.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron