Bug Super slow page loading and some pages not loading at all

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So... further into this, if i log out of cyclonefanatic it loads pages at normal speeds again. But the second i log in, its back to incredibly slow again.

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
I've been getting the "this website is not responding. Wait or Close" message on my Android phone using Opera as the browser app. Happens only on the main page when trying to cycle to the forums section of the site.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Been getting "Page Unresponsive" this morning while reading the Midweek Mailbag article. Problem seems to go away if I pause the embedded video that tries to auto run when I open the page (George Conditt IV on Rashir...).

Windows 10 using Chrome as my browser.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Been getting "Page Unresponsive" this morning while reading the Midweek Mailbag article. Problem seems to go away if I pause the embedded video that tries to auto run when I open the page (George Conditt IV on Rashir...).

Windows 10 using Chrome as my browser.

More info. Opened the the article "CFTV: Tyrese Hailburton on winning .... "
Same problem. After about a minute received the "Page Unresponsive".

Reloaded the page and paused the video that tried to auto play which happened to be the Conditt interview again. After pausing that video I was able to do whatever I wanted with no lockups including watching the Tyrese interview video.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Video demonstrating the behavior (logged in then logged out) note how it even fails the first attempt to log out

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I am having the same problem @alarson and others say they are having. Works on tablets and cellphone but not any computer. Tried on google chrome, and internet explorer.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I am having the same problem @alarson and others say they are having. Works on tablets and cellphone but not any computer. Tried on google chrome, and internet explorer.
For me it happens on phone and desktop, across all browsers. Only thing that makes it not happen is logging out, as if the slowness is tied to my account somehow

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
For me it happens on phone and desktop, across all browsers. Only thing that makes it not happen is logging out, as if the slowness is tied to my account somehow
I get it on my computers, haven't experienced it on my phone or tablet yet. I hardly use it on my phone however.

hostduplex

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2011
Hello everyone,
One of our primary internal DNS servers wasn’t properly responding to queries, and that can cause a slowdown because with every request it waits and then contacts the secondary server. We fixed the issue with the primary DNS server about 2 hours ago but a few other users just posted about slowness in a different thread. I'm unable to replicate any slowness on my end, however, @alarson If you like, DM me your # and we can troubleshoot your device. That may be the quickest way to get to the root of the issue.

-Sam