Sqwakeyes new alternate football uniforms...thoughts?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
giphy.gif

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I do like the helmets with the yellow facemask.

I wonder if they got new black/white tops, too with the updated Nike design.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm a big fan of alternate uniforms and liked their black ones from a couple years ago but these are terrible

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
I can’t say I’m a huge fan but they went out to Oregon and had them designed by Nike with an emphasis I on what the younger people want to see a player look like.

They’re really challenged by the helmets. The new design helmets are a grand apiece and are custom fit for every player designed to reduce concussions. Each player has two, one for practice and one for games. They could remove the guts of the helmet into a new shell but it would be expensive and time consuming. Therefore they have to design the uniform around the helmet.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I can’t say I’m a huge fan but they went out to Oregon and had them designed by Nike with an emphasis I on what the younger people want to see a player look like.

They’re really challenged by the helmets. The new design helmets are a grand apiece and are custom fit for every player designed to reduce concussions. Each player has two, one for practice and one for games. They could remove the guts of the helmet into a new shell but it would be expensive and time consuming. Therefore they have to design the uniform around the helmet.

Don't you guys get all this big Ten money? ISU players have more than two helmets and we seem to be able to have more than 2 uniforms.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84 and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Looks like they were designed by a McDonald's in Oregon

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Not a huge fan, but these aren't for me. These are for the younger generation that think these look awesome. I'm fine with doing this for one game a year.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Not a huge fan, but these aren't for me. These are for the younger generation that think these look awesome. I'm fine with doing this for one game a year.

We knew you weren't a huge fan of Iowa, that's why you're on an ISU board.

• Funny
Reactions: CySmurf

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Oh man I never thought that look would come back.

I was an Iowa fan before I went to ISU and actually had one of those as a kid. That fact now not only is embarrassing as a Cyclone fan, but even more as a professional designer.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Oh man I never thought that look would come back.

I was an Iowa fan before I went to ISU and actually had one of those as a kid. That fact now not only is embarrassing as a Cyclone fan, but even more as a professional designer.
Yeah, they were pretty bad