***Official USMNT Thread***

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
As one that played in college, outside the US, and coached in the ODP system at a state and regional level, I am most intrigued with what you mean from last place to first place on every team? Are you talking about soccer or cross country here?
Soccer. HS last to first, college last to first, division 3 last to first (petitioned division II), last to first (petitioned division I), last to first, and a couple 'old man' teams since. And, now, bones are so creaky I can barely walk. But the ride sure was fun.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Soccer. HS last to first, college last to first, division 3 last to first (petitioned division II), last to first (petitioned division I), last to first, and a couple 'old man' teams since. And, now, bones are so creaky I can barely walk. But the ride sure was fun.
You mean as a coach or player?

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016

You were the man back in your day.

;)

• Funny
Reactions: jmb

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Player, but considering the lack of proper coaching (ie HS and a few others) one could say I was a player/coach at the others. For example in HS I formed a winter indoor practice regime to allow us to practice year round. At ISU, when I joined they were miserable. Not to be racist, but the majority of the team were Iranian. Even the Americans sported dark black beards. Some of the players were very good, but I could see a good ol boys club there which had to be parsed out and allow newer players in based on quality, not nationality. Rough at first, but 6 years later (yes, but I got two degrees :) ) we sported a different nationality at every starting position. VERY cool to even say that. And, then the B8 title. As a side, the long road trips allowed me to learn a tremendous amount about other cultures ... and some not so nice things about our own.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Player, but considering the lack of proper coaching (ie HS and a few others) one could say I was a player/coach at the others. For example in HS I formed a winter indoor practice regime to allow us to practice year round. At ISU, when I joined they were miserable. Not to be racist, but the majority of the team were Iranian. Even the Americans sported dark black beards. Some of the players were very good, but I could see a good ol boys club there which had to be parsed out and allow newer players in based on quality, not nationality. Rough at first, but 6 years later (yes, but I got two degrees :) ) we sported a different nationality at every starting position. VERY cool to even say that. And, then the B8 title. As a side, the long road trips allowed me to learn a tremendous amount about other cultures ... and some not so nice things about our own.
ok.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So you dyed your beard to join the team at ISU?

• Funny
Reactions: jmb

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Tim Weah to Lille is official pending medical if French translations are correct,

English sources are saying it's 99% official that Weah signed on for Five Years but there's a disagreement between the two sides for his transfer rights (How much PSG were to get if Lille sells him essentially)

• Optimistic
Reactions: bwboehm

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Think I'm being miss understood here. I hate that the National Team is being used as a bonus for kids to stay in the MLS.
There is no evidence for this. Obviously MLS wants to piggy back off the national team to help grow itself--it wouldn't even exist without being a requirement of the '94 World Cup--but this is a bridge too far. I get this is the internet where we state opinions as facts, but there's load of evidence to the contrary. Not signing with MLS certainly didn't hurt McKennie with the senior team, nor Gloster, Soto, Llanez, Mendez and a host of others in the youth national teams. The USSF is a poorly ran, probably corrupt organization at the top, but the coaches pick the teams, the coaches want to win, and despite everyone's opinions on who's better than who, the players tend to pick themselves in national team camps.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Tim Weah to Lille is official pending medical if French translations are correct,

English sources are saying it's 99% official that Weah signed on for Five Years but there's a disagreement between the two sides for his transfer rights (How much PSG were to get if Lille sells him essentially)
€10m and 50% sell on clause is what I've read. I would say the transfer fee is on the big side, but if that sell on clause is true then PSG are fleecing Lille.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
€10m and 50% sell on clause is what I've read. I would say the transfer fee is on the big side, but if that sell on clause is true then PSG are fleecing Lille.

Yeah that's what I read.
50% seems definitely too high at most it should be 30% myself but 10 Million Euros isn't too shabby

Lille just confirmed the transfer too on twitter just minutes ago

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Beckham’s new MLS franchise in Miami is apparently kicking the tires on Tyler Boyd. It’s also been reported that Besiktas is interested in him as well. Champions League football at a massive club in Turkey would be much preferable.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Mexico tied at 1 after 90 minutes against Costa Rica. And it’s been pretty crazy the first 10 minutes in the first extra period.

Help Support Us

Become a patron