Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So he got 2 visits to Iowa and is still working on getting a Drake visit. Fran wants him, but Drake isn't sure yet? I know Fran is bad at recruiting, but when did recruits start treating Drake as a better destination than a P5 school?
DD worked wonders with that team last year. I hope Drake can hang onto him because it seems like he wants to be there. Once the recruits know he wants to be there, he could make that a nice program.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I just listened to Hines' podcast, and it sounds like Wigginton almost transferred instead of staying in the NBA draft. Wouldn't it have been crazy if both he and Moss hit the transfer market? Those are two pretty talented guys. I'm glad he stayed in the draft though...it would have sucked watching him tear it up somewhere else. Hawk fans will get to see Moss chase a championship, which would suck.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I just listened to Hines' podcast, and it sounds like Wigginton almost transferred instead of staying in the NBA draft. Wouldn't it have been crazy if both he and Moss hit the transfer market? Those are two pretty talented guys. I'm glad he stayed in the draft though...it would have sucked watching him tear it up somewhere else. Hawk fans will get to see Moss chase a championship, which would suck.
I'll have to listen to it. I cant believe Wigs would want to lose a year.
Also, I dont trust Hines on all of his stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I'll have to listen to it. I cant believe Wigs would want to lose a year.
Also, I dont trust Hines on all of his stuff.

Hines did admit that he was connecting some dots and he never heard it directly from Lindell, but there was something to it. I know that this is a Hawkeye thread and I don't want to ruin that, but another interesting nugget is that Tre Jackson is turning heads and will be the surprise of this class. It's worth a listen, minus a 30 second coughing fit by Hines partway through.

• Funny
Reactions: Doc and VeloClone

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Hines did admit that he was connecting some dots and he never heard it directly from Lindell, but there was something to it. I know that this is a Hawkeye thread and I don't want to ruin that, but another interesting nugget is that Tre Jackson is turning heads and will be the surprise of this class. It's worth a listen, minus a 30 second coughing fit by Hines partway through.

Travis has come a long way, the first probably 10 of his podcasts were littered with gross wet mouth sounds.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Born would be a good get for EIU. He could spend an apprentice year with Connor and JorBo to learn what it takes to be B1G elite. :D

(Actually, I hope he does't step into that mess.)

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
lol...

"Unlike many schools, Iowa State and the entire SEC for example, the U culture at Iowa does not allow the staff to gamble on marginal kids that are superior players."
vVkoPPU.gif

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
lol...

"Unlike many schools, Iowa State and the entire SEC for example, the U culture at Iowa does not allow the staff to gamble on marginal kids that are superior players."

My favorite is post # 20. Cuz he’s not racist or anything.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron