Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Connor is so bad he shouldn't even get minutes. I hope Patrick plays a lot this year too
Connor doesn't have a right hand, he's slow, and he can't shoot a lick from three, but got significant minutes in big time games over a 40% three point shooter who now plays for Kansas. Now I don't think Moss is unreal or anything, but looking at their numbers side by side there is not a chance that Connor would have been playing if his last name was different.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Connor doesn't have a right hand, he's slow, and he can't shoot a lick from three, but got significant minutes in big time games over a 40% three point shooter who now plays for Kansas. Now I don't think Moss is unreal or anything, but looking at their numbers side by side there is not a chance that Connor would have been playing if his last name was different.

And the craziest part of him being in at the end of games over Moss was Connor was a turnover machine compared to Moss based on usage

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

From what I've seen his shooting form and overall skills are average rural Iowa high school basketball player circa 1993 and maybe not even that good.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
From what I've seen his shooting form and overall skills are average rural Iowa high school basketball player circa 1993 and maybe not even that good.
He honestly would not start for Drake or UNI right now. 100%.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
  • Funny
Reactions: mj4cy

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Looks like Iowa has the next Pistol Pete....dang. Mad Fran's year 10 has delivered.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/features/cj-fredrick-patterns-game-after-pistol-pete

Fredrick revealed that he’s not as flashy a passer as was Pistol. He patterned his game after the all-around threat Maravich was.

No ****? I love reading the Iowa Basketball articles. Talking about picking one of the worst players first in pick up games or how unstoppable another player developed in the off season. I'm excited to see what they have in store for us this fall.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
That's not out of the realm.

I patterned my game after MJ, and even went through a mix of Gary Payton/Shawn Kemp phase.

Of course, this was in about 7th or 8th grade on the local 8 foot rim with nobody else around, but the point still stands and if a kid wants to dream, let him dream!

It's been revealed you were not as ferocious of a dunker as Shawn Kemp.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Well Frederick certainly LOOKS the part of an Iowa player. We'll just have to wait and see if his defense sucks enough to truly fit in.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Is there anything in life that gives more and more than Iowa basketball? We've been treated so well this past decade.

We should come up with a top 10. You have to put Francon as #1, but the other 9 are debatable.

Reactions: CyPunch