Front Pocket Wallets

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Are you able to submit scans/pictures of receipts? There's tons of apps/plus just the camera app that you can use to snap a quick pic and then throw away.

honestly, I might have to try this, though my wife uses something similar for work, and she hates it because at their company, if anything isn't scanned, then she has to "make up" stuff and take a picture of it, like write on a piece of paper, cash tip to bellman for bags, date, location, and time.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
those are $75-$120

I've got a knock off version of the Ridge that works great. Search amazon for minimalist carbon fiber wallet and you'll likely find several. Probably not actually carbon fiber but I don't really need that level of material in my wallet. Took a bit to adjust and still don't always love the money clip aspect but overall much better.

Also entered lot of cards into an wallet app to minimize what I carry.

Regarding receipts several years ago I asked myself what do I really get out of carrying around and logging these receipts. For personally expenses you can get apps that almost instantly log expenditures for you. For work travel I do have to keep some but I have a pocket in my carry on I just shove them all into and then take out the pile when I do an expense report.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Z- Clip. RFID blocking and a bit minimalist. I haven't had a folding wallet since high school. I think I've had this wallet ~6 years. Still in great shape.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I have a real life George Costanza type situation. My backs been hurting me for a while. I caved and went to the Dr. Apparently my hips were severely out of alignment. Dr adjusted me but said I can no longer sit on my wallet or cross my legs.

I've had a back pocket wallet forever. Do any of you carry a front wallet or money clip type wallet? If so have any good cheap recommendations?

giphy.gif

I have only used a front pocket wallet for probably 20 years now. Love it. Stylish yet solid brand is Barbour. They have a couple of options in the $40 range.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I bought a front pocket wallet today - for those odd days when I wear jeans instead of my fire-flex side-pocket pants. :) . Thanks for the good idea fellas!

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I bought a front pocket wallet today - for those odd days when I wear jeans instead of my fire-flex side-pocket pants. :) . Thanks for the good idea fellas!
Do you have two wallets then? And if so do you like transfer stuff

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Do you have two wallets then? And if so do you like transfer stuff
I will have to transfer stuff, but I do not plan on using the front wallet that often. So, it will not be a major ordeal. I just wanted one for those rare occasions when I am wearing pants without side pockets. Just add my license, a credit card or too, few bills and my insurance card. Easy enough.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I already have my phone in one front pocket, keys in the other, so I feel like if I add even a slim wallet to the front I'd just have way too much stuff in my front pockets which would look stupid too.

Also, does anyone with the RFID blocking thing have any issues with their key card for work not working? That would also be an issue for me.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I just put my wallet in my front left pocket. No back problems. Less chance of losing it. When worried about looks use a thin wallet like one suggested

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I already have my phone in one front pocket, keys in the other, so I feel like if I add even a slim wallet to the front I'd just have way too much stuff in my front pockets which would look stupid too.

Also, does anyone with the RFID blocking thing have any issues with their key card for work not working? That would also be an issue for me.

My key card works fine in the wallet, which I'm pretty sure means the RFID blocking is BS.

• Agree
Reactions: Entropy

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I broke in my new Kinzd front pocket wallet last night. Awesome! Always enjoy the knowledge drops on CF!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron