Cy Hawk Rivalry

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Its our biggest rivalry game and its not close. Biggest game in the grand scheme of things no. JFC quit splitting hairs.

Was gonna post something along those lines. You can make the argument the biggest game is always fluid, and many times only in retrospect.

The Texas game last year was probably our biggest game we had with what was on the line. The Oklahoma game two years ago was the biggest with what it did for the program, and the TCU game was up there as well.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Said many times that the importance of the game seems the same for both sides. It’s not the biggest, or most important, but it’s the one you least want to lose.

Conference games are more important cause I think both teams have aspirations of making their respective conference championship games. You have to win the conference games to do that. An in state rivalry game doesn’t help.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Said many times that the importance of the game seems the same for both sides. It’s not the biggest, or most important, but it’s the one you least want to lose.

Conference games are more important cause I think both teams have aspirations of making their respective conference championship games. You have to win the conference games to do that. An in state rivalry game doesn’t help.

The fact we're not in the same conference why the CyHawk game is more of a unique situation. What fuels rivalries such as UM-OSU and the Iron Bowl is that many years that game decides who's going on to the conference championship (and in some cases the national championship).

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
I'm sure KF prays to the lightning God's every night
GEhxl5r.gif

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The fact we're not in the same conference why the CyHawk game is more of a unique situation. What fuels rivalries such as UM-OSU and the Iron Bowl is that many years that game decides who's going on to the conference championship (and in some cases the national championship).
South Carolina's biggest rival is Clemson; not even close. Georgia Tech's biggest rival is Georgia; not even close. Different conferences for both.
Our biggest rival is Iowa; not even close.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016

Haha, living in the past must be a curse for the Hawks, like a mini-Nebby. New year, new teams...plus 25th in AP and unranked in Coaches Poll isn’t exactly something to write home about considering your coach’s pay rank and AD rev. Also, I thought I remembered that the hawks only cares about Coaches poll, according to your Des Moines Reg. writers. Last year may be the best team you will see for quite a while for the TOE. Time will tell.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Haha, living in the past must be a curse for the Hawks, like a mini-Nebby. New year, new teams...plus 25th in AP and unranked in Coaches Poll isn’t exactly something to write home about considering your coach’s pay rank and AD rev. Also, I thought I remembered that the hawks only cares about Coaches poll, according to your Des Moines Reg. writers. Last year may be the best team you will see for quite a while for the TOE. Time will tell.
K

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron