Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Soo, you're going with a top ten program has "no good wide receivers" and this kid didn't produce stats as a freshman, so who needs him. Give me every Michigan player that played in every game as a freshman, but didn't "produce" and I'll have a more talented team than either Iowa team.

By the way, not offering a kid and not wanting him aren't always the same thing.

Who has Michigan had that's a good WR since he's been there?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Soo, you're going with a top ten program has "no good wide receivers" and this kid didn't produce stats as a freshman, so who needs him. Give me every Michigan player that played in every game as a freshman, but didn't "produce" and I'll have a more talented team than either Iowa team.

By the way, not offering a kid and not wanting him aren't always the same thing.

Also why would we not offer an in state kid who came and camped with us if we wanted him?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Iajeff6785

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Also why would we not offer an in state kid who came and camped with us if we wanted him?
He might not have had enough interest, we may have been waiting on another offer, could have been something Campbell didn't like. Many reasons could be thought up.

• Informative
Reactions: Iajeff6785

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Ah, so whst you are saying is just looking at someone's freshman year stats isn't enough to determine the rest of his college career? I guess we agree.

No he’s saying you’re an idiot for making a dumb comparison

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
A kinder, gentler, more lucid dirtyninety. This is ok for now but #keepdirtyninetyweird

I was just being reactionary--in a polite way-- to guys ripping on a good kid.
If you want rants: I watched the CMT/MTV awards this week and never got to vent it out.....The Taylor Swift/Kacey Musgrave axis of self-absorption was not as pronounced, thank goodness. The Little Big Town lady is starting to get unbearable though.....
The Tonya Tucker pelvis grind was the low point. Maybe I am just getting bored with the radio country....I don't know. I am listening to more Americana. I can hardly type that with a straight face. "Americana" music. LOL.....country music that hates country people, basically. The angst isn't all petty partisan....much of it is just anti-corporate radio/MTV, which is good I guess.
OK...gotta go herd cows.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Now we don't want 4 star Michigan skill players who happened to be the top player in our state? The derp around here is legendary in this thread.

We didn't want him out of High School. Why would we want him now after he only had 11 catches in 2 seasons in a pretty weak WR group?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Notre Dame who actually wanted him out of High School didn't return his call when he went in the portal FWIW

• Informative
Reactions: CTTB78

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Now we don't want 4 star Michigan skill players who happened to be the top player in our state? The derp around here is legendary in this thread.
Haha exactly. Love all the posters on here who feel they are qualified in football knowledge/insight to evaluate the skills of Oliver Martin. A tiny percentage of them - probably 0% - have even played football.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Haha exactly. Love all the posters on here who feel they are qualified in football knowledge/insight to evaluate the skills of Oliver Martin. A tiny percentage of them - probably 0% - have even played football.

The funny thing is the posters who were mad at Campbell for not offering him out of High School are the ones saying we should go after him this time when we have no interest. Trust the Process people

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
The funny thing is the posters who were mad at Campbell for not offering him out of High School are the ones saying we should go after him this time when we have no interest. Trust the Process people

Who are these posters that were mad at Campbell?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who are these posters that were mad at Campbell?

I don't remember specifically but I remember posters were questioning him for not wanting him and mad we didn't offer. Looks like CMC was right all along (shocking I know)

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I don't remember specifically but I remember posters were questioning him for not wanting him and mad we didn't offer. Looks like CMC was right all along (shocking I know)

That's a bit confusing. On the one hand it's the same posters, but you don't know specifically who they are.