Front Pocket Wallets

cycart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2012
Johnston, IA
So what happens if you lose your phone/its stolen?
Same thing that would happen if it was your wallet... It's gone. There is obviously a risk with having it as part of your phone. I've had mine for almost a year and love it and have no desire to carry a separate wallet anymore. Plus I carry a lot less with me, license, a credit card and a debit card and leave the rest at home.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
I haven't been able to carry a back pocket billfold since I road tripped to Arizona non stop. Have had an Iowa state money clip that i paid $12 at one of them Christmas pop up shops for the last 8 years

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I have a real life George Costanza type situation. My backs been hurting me for a while. I caved and went to the Dr. Apparently my hips were severely out of alignment. Dr adjusted me but said I can no longer sit on my wallet or cross my legs.

I've had a back pocket wallet forever. Do any of you carry a front wallet or money clip type wallet? If so have any good cheap recommendations?

giphy.gif

Do you mean chiropractor? Cuz they aint doctors. And yes, front wallet user for years. I have the kind that has two slots for cards. I carry 4 credit/debit cards my driver's license, hunting/fishing license and a couple insurance cards. It has a leather 'flap' deal with magnet for money. Doesn't work great if you carry lots of cash but works great for me.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Cell phone in left front pocket, keys in right front pocket and wallet in left rear pocket. Pretty balanced out. Seem like if I put anything in the right rear pocket, like a receipt, I always forget to look in that pocket and remember it after the load of laundry looks like a bad case of dandruff once I open the washer up.

Always take my billfold out my pocket when in a car. Can't stand to sit on it.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm using a clip for now until AmaGoogleBook implants the chip in my arm so cash, plastic and ID are no longer necessary.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Do you mean chiropractor? Cuz they aint doctors. And yes, front wallet user for years. I have the kind that has two slots for cards. I carry 4 credit/debit cards my driver's license, hunting/fishing license and a couple insurance cards. It has a leather 'flap' deal with magnet for money. Doesn't work great if you carry lots of cash but works great for me.

Curious if you have had issues with the magnet and credit/debit cards. I had a hand carved wooden wallet that had a leather strap with a small magnet that attached to the front to hold the cards and cash in. The magnet ruined two debit cards before I stopped using it. Kept it for business cards.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Curious if you have had issues with the magnet and credit/debit cards. I had a hand carved wooden wallet that had a leather strap with a small magnet that attached to the front to hold the cards and cash in. The magnet ruined two debit cards before I stopped using it. Kept it for business cards.
I've had the same one for several years and never had a problem with credit cards. It will mess with hotel room keys though. There might be something between the card slot and the magnet.

josh4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2012
Ames, IA
Used one of these for years. Great wallet. Bottle opener comes in super handy.

Nite Ize FMT2-01-R7 Financial Multi Tool Black Wallet, Amazon product

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
This thread reminded of when I was working in a store during summer. When it came time for the customer to pay he pulled a 20 out of his sock. The bill was moist.

I've been using a Mitchell Leather money clip wallet for roughly 8 years.

There are wallets made of Tyvek. I've never used one but it may meet your needs for a wallet without much bulk.
Slimfold Wallets

Last edited:

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)

No my actual regular physician did it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Agree with what many others have said...I've cut my Costanza wallet down quite a bit in the last couple of years and it's nice any time you can declutter anything. I have a sleave/money clip type thing that I keep thinking to change to, but I'm not sure if I trust the money clip part.

I've had back/hip issues as well and if I'm driving the wallet goes in the door compartments.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I have a real life George Costanza type situation. My backs been hurting me for a while. I caved and went to the Dr. Apparently my hips were severely out of alignment. Dr adjusted me but said I can no longer sit on my wallet or cross my legs.

I've had a back pocket wallet forever. Do any of you carry a front wallet or money clip type wallet? If so have any good cheap recommendations?

giphy.gif

Front pocket for almost 2 decades. Helped dramatically with back pain I was having.

Be an adult and ditch the big wallet and Seinfeld references

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Travel light. I debit card, 1 credit card, drs license, ins card, 2 hundies and roll.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012

giphy.gif
I take my wallet out when I am driving. And I have trimmed down the amount of stuff I carry it it. Those have made a difference for me in terms of lower back pain - especially when i am driving long distances.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I've been a front pocket guy for a while. Had the huge Costanza wallet, had the back pain, and made the switch. I picked up some cheap Fossil wallet from Kohl's and haven't gotten a new one yet. I'm probably due for one.

Wouldn't go back to a traditional wallet. It's helped me minimize somewhat.