Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
McDermott and the Chiz weren't 2 of the hottest names in the country in their respective sports when they were hired by Iowa State.
Yes they were. Especially Chizik. Everyone thought Iowa was going to hire him from UNI. When Pollard booted Morgan everybody thought it was a good hire.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yes they were. Especially Chizik. Everyone thought Iowa was going to hire him from UNI. When Pollard booted Morgan everybody thought it was a good hire.

Yikes! Yeah sorry, that was supposed to be were not weren't... I fixed my post.

Reactions: jmb and VeloClone

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
It'd be hilarious if they don't get this guy.

The situation really is a no lose for Cyclone fans. Hok fans will melt down if they lose him to NM St. or he commits and gets hyped the rest of the off season by their media and fans only sit behind Connor during the season, leading to a meltdown. #WinWin.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Hey, aren't we about due for an update on how Iowa baseball is doing? We were getting those unwanted posts regularly for a while, then they just stopped! I'm losing interest in this thread now. o_O

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and Acylum

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Hey, aren't we about due for an update on how Iowa baseball is doing? We were getting those unwanted posts regularly for a while, then they just stopped! I'm losing interest in this thread now. o_O

Let's get this thread back on track.

giphy.gif

7OH5RgD.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I think everybody thought that just like with McDermott and Mean Gene for ISU.

I think JP went with the "conventional wisdom" on those hires, which were indeed considered home runs at the time -- and saw they didn't work. On his later hires, he has focused more on cultural fit between the coach and ISU. I think he changed his criteria for what is important that he wanted in a candidate, and it has worked much better.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I think JP went with the "conventional wisdom" on those hires, which were indeed considered home runs at the time -- and saw they didn't work. On his later hires, he has focused more on cultural fit between the coach and ISU. I think he changed his criteria for what is important that he wanted in a candidate, and it has worked much better.
ALA Chizik

Help Support Us

Become a patron