***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

Terrance J

May 10, 2019
Nadolny may have ended up playing or red shirting at ISU too. It would be hard to see Grill, Jackson, Leech, and CN getting meaningful playing time especially with Nixon and Haliburton slotted.for major minutes, No doubt No could have earned minutes being the best of the group but far from certian. Also I don't think Prohm really wanted to have 5 freshman (3 guards) in one class.

I would have liked to see ISU involved with Clarke, ISU recruited him out of HS (by CFH though) and he could have played multiple positions especially at SF. Jeff Goodman is already expecting him to see him play some stretch 4. So it may not affect Nadolny's role as at PG/SG either way.

@GoodmanHoops Texas Tech just picked up two starters in the past few days with Chris Clarke and TJ Hoyfield. Clarke will thrive as a tough, mismatch 4-man who can defend multiple positions while Holyfield gives Chris Beard a skilled front court guy.

Good source! @GoodmanHoops. I wasn't familiar with him. Following now.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Probably for some of the same reasons Hallice Cooke wasn't highly sought after, after averaging 8 points at Rutgers as a freshman

Oregon State

But yes Hallice had his off the court issues that held him back

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Hollice had knee problems and everyone knew it. So he was going to be sitting and we took a chance on him.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Fred lands a stud....not.

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Former Tennessee forward Derrick Walker is transferring to Nebraska.

Nebraska announced Wednesday it has added Walker to its roster. Nebraska officials said Walker will sit out the 2019-20 season before playing for the Cornhuskers. He has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Walker entered the NCAA transfer portal after averaging 0.8 points, 1.1 rebounds and 5.3 minutes for Tennessee this past season. The 6-foot-8 Walker averaged 1.9 points, 2.2 rebounds and 8.8 minutes as a freshman in the 2017-18 season.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Former Tennessee forward Derrick Walker is transferring to Nebraska.

Nebraska announced Wednesday it has added Walker to its roster. Nebraska officials said Walker will sit out the 2019-20 season before playing for the Cornhuskers. He has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Walker entered the NCAA transfer portal after averaging 0.8 points, 1.1 rebounds and 5.3 minutes for Tennessee this past season. The 6-foot-8 Walker averaged 1.9 points, 2.2 rebounds and 8.8 minutes as a freshman in the 2017-18 season.

Walker is obviously the next Royce White or DeAndre Kane.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Ray Kasongo 2.0

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

I know Fred and Matt are big on transfers but at this point it just seems like they are taking anyone to fill out a roster next season. I would think with all the hype he got going to Nebraska he would be in on some better kids, even better freshman that Matt was recruiting at St. Johns. This one is a head scratcher.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I know Fred and Matt are big on transfers but at this point it just seems like they are taking anyone to fill out a roster next season. I would think with all the hype he got going to Nebraska he would be in on some better kids, even better freshman that Matt was recruiting at St. Johns. This one is a head scratcher.

The market changed.

That was the problem with Moneyball, too -- once people figured out what you were doing, it was easy for other teams to start looking for the same undervalued assets.

Then they were no longer undervalued.

I am not sure what Fred's shtick is to bring Nebraska to prominence this time around. Transfer recruiting and the emphasis on spacing/shooting on offense is ubiquitous in college basketball now, not a novelty like it was when he started in Ames in 2010.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Feel free to post any transfer news related to Iowa state

Right now the only news is Bolton and nobody knows what's up. So since it's a transfer thread. We are talking about Transfers. Tech and Nebby are the only ones with Iowa State connections to be getting transfers.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Right now the only news is Bolton and nobody knows what's up. So since it's a transfer thread. We are talking about Transfers. Tech and Nebby are the only ones with Iowa State connections to be getting transfers.

Yes I’m well aware of the content of this thread. I started it and have probably 100+ posts in it.