***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think it's silly to speculate. If you were the coach, would you just assume that everything was going to go exactly according to plan, or would you always be looking for contingency plans?

At this point I would assume a coach does not need a contingency plan unless he already knows something is up. However, saying that he has never stopped recruiting transfers this whole time.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Just spit balling here, but some of these transfers we may just be using the opportunity to have some communication with them and let them know how they could fit into an Iowa State team. Because as we've seen many times now, these guys also end up transferring again before they're done.

The other thing might be the kids numbers are not that great. Maybe at this point they are trying to recruit him to a walk on spot.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Why would we be looking at a sit one if Bolton is so up in the air?
There are probably a variety of reasons why we could be doing this, all of which us fans can only speculate about.

ProhmDate

Aug 29, 2015
Ames
So I was a bit curious and just did some digging on Leech's twitter and everything seems to be fine as far as team connection. He was quoting / retweeting / responding to different player's highlights from the CCL from a week and a half ago and I believe that's when he was not playing in it. Not that it means anything, and obviously something could have changed in a week's time, just a little tid bit of information.

The last time we saw Leech play in the CCL it appeared he had injured his leg. After the game he wrapped his leg in ice and I don't think he played any games after that. So, I hope it doesn't have something to do with that injury.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The Italy trip is August 10 to August 20.

Hopefully Leech will be back and healed up and Bolton will be eligible about then.

:)

Side note -- their itinerary is for Rome, Florence, Pisa, and Venice, which was the exact same as the first week of my honeymoon, save for a deviation down to Naples.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
The Italy trip is August 10 to August 20.

Hopefully Leech will be back and healed up and Bolton will be eligible about then.

:)

Side note -- their itinerary is for Rome, Florence, Pisa, and Venice, which was the exact same as the first week of my honeymoon, save for a deviation down to Naples.
Maybe "deviation" and "honeymoon" aren't the best pairing in a sentence? Or maybe they are!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Here's a familiar name... very odd college path for Mr Edwards.

@stevekaplowitz Source tells me that former LSU guard Daryl Edwards will enroll at UTEP and be immediately eligible at @UTEP_MBB for 2019-20. Huge pickup for the Miners.