Game of Thrones Season 8

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
So, what about Yara? What was the point to her going back to the Iron Islands?

I thought she’d sail in to get some revenge on Euron.

My thought is that when it's all said and done each area will be it's own sovereign area.

Yara rules Iron Islands
Sonsa rules Winterfell
Bron rules High Garden
Jon goes way North
Gendry rules Storms End
etc.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
And yet you say you're not trolling in this thread...

In the realm of medievel warfare, kill your enemies and salt the fields. Anyone you leave behind will only come back to stab you in the back. There weren't a lot of management and leadership books back then on how to win friends and influence people so trust falls and white boarding ideas on merging numerous cultures together never had that initial encounter session.

These people live in goat skin clothes regardless of the weather. There is no purity and very little enlightenment. A conqueror just went and conquered the crap outta that place and did it in the appropriate style of the day using overwhelming force, fear and very visible violence.

That was the #1 management book of the time and had she followed that script earlier the show was much shorter.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
So, what about Yara? What was the point to her going back to the Iron Islands?

I thought she’d sail in to get some revenge on Euron.

idk. When she left with Theon, didn't they have just 3 ships? Not much to battle with.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Okay, I am out before the I read a spoiler discussion by accident. Same issue when we had separate threads for book readers and show watchers only and some dicks just had to mess with the show thread with spoilers.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Jaime's arc was hardly a tease. They had been building on that for most of the series, only to yank the chair out at the last second. That's cheap, lazy writing.

I disagree. Jaime’s been a complicated character largely because of his feelings for Cersei. She is the love of his life, but he also sees her for the ruthless sociopath that she is. That conflict is central to his character and I don’t think it’s unrealistic for him at the very end to choose her despite everything else. Just because it’s not the money shot that most viewers wanted doesn’t make it lazy writing.

Last edited:

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

HrcGco4.gif

• Funny
Reactions: ThatllDoCy

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Saw a post on Reddit that really broke down the disconnect with the mad theory. She has never in her history purposely targeted innocent or children even at great personal cost. Has she shown brutality to enemy combatants and slave masters, yes but that is an important distinction. Hell, she chained up her dragons after the death of one child in Maureen. People can keep justifying the character change all they want but still doesn’t ring true. It was a forced twist to bring us along to the obvious conclusion next episode.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Saw a post on Reddit that really broke down the disconnect with the mad theory. She has never in her history purposely targeted innocent or children even at great personal cost. Has she shown brutality to enemy combatants and slave masters, yes but that is an important distinction. Hell, she chained up her dragons after the death of one child in Maureen. People can keep justifying the character change all they want but still doesn’t ring true. It was a forced twist to bring us along to the obvious conclusion next episode.

What part of "mad" are people failing to comprehend? "Mad" doesn't operate by reason. That's putting aside the fact that this arc is identical to her fathers. This should have been the expected outcome.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
My initial thoughts were to keep them from getting melted. However why? It's not like they are going to his kids or something. So then I thought maybe they contained poison like Sansa's necklace? Maybe he's leaving them for his little birds to complete the job?

They could be signet rings needed to seal official messages. One of his little birds may seal up his stack of notes and send out a bunch of ravens.

• Informative
Reactions: Tri4Cy