Game of Thrones Season 8

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I'm surprised many of you have avoided the leaks for the finale. I wish I wouldn't have read them but at the same time I like knowing the outcome. Think of it like a gender reveal party. It's a surprise either way, whether the doctor tells you at ~20 weeks (leaks) or at birth (episode airing).

Could you post the leaks for the finale under a spoiler tag for those interested? TIA

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Cersi's death was my major qualm with episode 5, thought it was too good for her. Also didn't understand how Tyrion would have been allowed to walk free after Jamie's escape. People who don't understand Dany snapping aren't giving enough credit to how much the loss of Missandei, impacted her.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm surprised many of you have avoided the leaks for the finale. I wish I wouldn't have read them but at the same time I like knowing the outcome. Think of it like a gender reveal party. It's a surprise either way, whether the doctor tells you at ~20 weeks (leaks) or at birth (episode airing).
If you know then QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT!!!!!

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Not sure at all why anyone would think for a moment that she wasn't burning that city down, between all the hints of her anger and the fact that they weren't going to spend all the book/series time mentioning the power of dragons just for them to be a threat that led to a quiet resolution.

It was always going to end in fire.

Not to mention that she damn well knows that her father trusted the Lannisters and opened the gates - only to be betrayed. There was good reason for her not to trust that it wasn't a trap.

Reactions: isutrevman

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
It's not that simple. I won't click the link. But others will (and have), and aren't particularly cautious about NOT spoiling.

Ah man I can't believe she dies. i never saw that coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just joking I didn't look at the spoiler.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I'm stealing this from Binge Mode... but IMO the ending of the story is that you cannot escape your nature, or the things that have happened to you in the past. Dany - unable to shed the Targ madness. Jaime and Cersei - unable to shed their love for each other. Cleganes - unable to escape fire/violence. Basically, nobody can resist their nature or be changed by events in their lives. Who has grown in this show?

Great way to phrase it... Every character has grown and that doesn't mean in a good way. Maybe at the end we're all victims of our upbringing - the bad were raised bad, the good were raised good and good rarely triumphs over evil.

I think Jon has grown the least but he's always been true to Ned's leadership style. Sansa was a non-entity but her real formative years were with Cersei and Ramsey and what's his name
and it feels like she's growing that scary edge. Arya was always an innocent free spirit and after "seeing the world" I think she wants to go back to the farm. All the characters are becoming exactly what they were 10 years ago (with lots of exceptions likely). Dany was driven by ambition CLOAKED in the breaker of chains thing but she's always had that ability to flip the ***** switch.