BLOG: Thoughts on a busy Saturday in recruiting

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Poor stats at a poor basketball program. Just seems the bar was not set very high. Maybe a better comp would be Talley. He played a lot this year.

You understand he's sitting out for a year unlike those grad transfers? And he's shot a way higher 3P% than either one of those guys? Kane and Prohm identified Johnson early and wasn't a back up to a back up to a back up like Beverly. If Kelvin Sampson and Eric Musselman want him then I think we got a good one.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
You understand he's sitting out for a year unlike those grad transfers? And he's shot a way higher 3P% than either one of those guys? Kane and Prohm identified Johnson early and wasn't a back up to a back up to a back up like Beverly. If Kelvin Sampson and Eric Musselman want him then I think we got a good one.

Yeah, he wasn't a dream guy, but he is a solid pick up with some other good offers.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I would like to know why Bolton thinks he will get immediate eligibility. Is this just an optimist dad?

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Poor stats at a poor basketball program. Just seems the bar was not set very high. Maybe a better comp would be Talley. He played a lot this year.

Sure glad you have such a keen eye for talent. You might want to give Coach K a call, he needs some help recruiting because not all his 5 star recruits end up being starter material.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Yay for Johnson. Been waiting a couple years for our Beverly replacement.
giphy.gif

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Talley was a headcase from what we heard. Weren't there rumors of bad practice habits? I guarantee Talley had the talent to contribute, and he started to at the end of the year some.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Doubling down I see. Penn State has a HORRIBLE basketball history and Chris Babb was a great pickup for us. He didn't have great stats but became a decent shooter who played outstanding defense.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I dont think he understands how years work let alone basketball.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron