Rasir Bolton Visiting

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
However, if we have to miss next season to make serious runs at the final 4 or elite 8. I am down with missing one year and loading up with Youth.
I have no clue why anyone would think we would “miss a season” The difference would be that Tucker might give us a chance to make a deep run next season.

Then CSP would just sign a plug and play 2020 frosh for the chilly. I’m not sure why some f you folks are so “all or nothing”.

If we get Bolton this off season has been a home run for recruiting. Anything else would be a nice addition. If we get Tucker we will have a chance at a top three or four big 12 finish.
Yeah...not. If we get Tucker, who would lend some maturity and stability as well as talent, we have a shot at a championship.

We’ll be fine however it goes.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I have no clue why anyone would think we would “miss a season” The difference would be that Tucker might give us a chance to make a deep run next season.

Then CSP would just sign a plug and play 2020 frosh for the chilly. I’m not sure why some f you folks are so “all or nothing”.

Yeah...not. If we get Tucker, who would lend some maturity and stability as well as talent, we have a shot at a championship.

We’ll be fine however it goes.

We’re not even close to a championship right now. We would need a ton of stuff to happen. It would even be nice to make the tourney at this point.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
We’re not even close to a championship right now. We would need a ton of stuff to happen. It would even be nice to make the tourney at this point.
I think he's talking about a Big 12 championship as he was replying to somebody saying that would give us a chance at a top 3 or 4 big 12 finish. I would 100% agree with that sentiment.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think he's talking about a Big 12 championship as he was replying to somebody saying that would give us a chance at a top 3 or 4 big 12 finish. I would 100% agree with that sentiment.

I said top 3 or 4 finish. Maybe a big 12 tourney championship. Not a regular season.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Let's say Bolton commits and gets his waiver. Is it the consensus here that he starts as our third guard this coming season? The reason I ask is if that's not the case you'd think we'd be looking for a bigger guard to complete the roster.

Not looking for someone to tell me about who we didn't sign. I'm asking from this point forward about need and use of our final scholarship.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Let's say Bolton commits and gets his waiver. Is it the consensus here that he starts as our third guard this coming season? The reason I ask is if that's not the case you'd think we'd be looking for a bigger guard to complete the roster.

Not looking for someone to tell me about who we didn't sign. I'm asking from this point forward about need and use of our final scholarship.

Been asking this myself and think we have a list of options at the 4 spot.

Jacobson, Griffin, Anderson, Lewis

And yes, Bolton would start as a guard (1-3)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Been asking this myself and think we have a list of options at the 4 spot.

Jacobson, Griffin, Anderson, Lewis

And yes, Bolton would start as a guard (1-3)

Just seems we need a guard that can get us 5 or 6 rebounds a night.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Jacobson
Nixon
Haliburton
Bolton
Young

If a 12ppg Big Ten player comes off the bench for ISU in 2019-20 it means they really found a hidden gem in one of the freshman or one of our bench players last year made huge strides this offseason.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Just seems we need a guard that can get us 5 or 6 rebounds a night.

I am assuming that we switch things up and start 2 post players this fall with Conditt, Jacobson, Young and Anderson on the roster. ISU could go smaller at times by playing Griffin in the post. That should be a rebounding improvement over last season and help get more points in transition.

Halliburton has the length to get 5-6 rebounds per game if he guards the opponents wing vs. a guard. Next year I expect Halliburton to have a stat line of 11ppg / 7 apg / 5 rpg

• Agree
Reactions: hoosman

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Jacobson
Nixon
Haliburton
Bolton
Young

If a 12ppg Big Ten player comes off the bench for ISU in 2019-20 it means they really found a hidden gem in one of the freshman or one of our bench players last year made huge strides this offseason.

But that's a bad BiG (7-13 bad) just have to wait and see.

Personal opinion, really like Jackson and Grill would rather see a bigger GT guard or stand pat leaving open for future opportunities.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
But that's a bad BiG (7-13 bad) just have to wait and see.

Personal opinion, really like Jackson and Grill would rather see a bigger GT guard or stand pat leaving open for future opportunities.

What?
Wasn't it rated one of the top 3 conferences in the country

You get a shot at a freshmen that averaged double digits in points you take him no questions asked

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
We have some huge variables going into 2019-2020 and that's probably the case most years. There are so many things that we won't know until November -- how big of a jump do the sophomores make in the off-season? Will one of our posts be able to guard 4's effectively to go with a two-big line-up? Will Prentiss Nixon end up improving as much during his sit year as Shayok and Jacobson? How will Solomon Young's mobility be? Will T. Lewis - who has improved on defense - be the consistent 3-point shooter that we all think he can become? Will a freshman surprise everyone the way Haliburton did?

I'm not giving up on next year because there is a core of talent there. Even if the year starts out slowly, sometimes less experienced teams take huge strides during the season. Should be fun.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
We have some huge variables going into 2019-2020 and that's probably the case most years. There are so many things that we won't know until November -- how big of a jump do the sophomores make in the off-season? Will one of our posts be able to guard 4's effectively to go with a two-big line-up? Will Prentiss Nixon end up improving as much during his sit year as Shayok and Jacobson? How will Solomon Young's mobility be? Will T. Lewis - who has improved on defense - be the consistent 3-point shooter that we all think he can become? Will a freshman surprise everyone the way Haliburton did?

I'm not giving up on next year because there is a core of talent there. Even if the year starts out slowly, sometimes less experienced teams take huge strides during the season. Should be fun.
Next year should tell us a ton about Prohm's coaching abilities. He has some good players, but not anything completely over the top as far as we know. Prohm needs to improve just as much as anyone. I am hoping he learned a lesson from his substitution problems, in-bounding issues, and in-game adjustments. I think this next year's team has the ability to be a tournament team, he's just got to do his best job coaching yet.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
What?
Wasn't it rated one of the top 3 conferences in the country

You get a shot at a freshmen that averaged double digits in points you take him no questions asked

That answer just overflows with stupid.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
That answer just overflows with stupid.
Ha ha okay Ken Trickey

Knowing what we know after 1 year of college those numbers make that kid a 4 star out of high school a higher 4 star

Last edited:

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Next year should tell us a ton about Prohm's coaching abilities. He has some good players, but not anything completely over the top as far as we know. Prohm needs to improve just as much as anyone. I am hoping he learned a lesson from his substitution problems, in-bounding issues, and in-game adjustments. I think this next year's team has the ability to be a tournament team, he's just got to do his best job coaching yet.
Prohm is four years in. I think we know what we are getting from him by now. Yes I think there is room for him to make improvements in some areas but for the most part we know what kind of coach he is.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Prohm is four years in. I think we know what we are getting from him by now. Yes I think there is room for him to make improvements in some areas but for the most part we know what kind of coach he is.

Yep, great recruiting.

3 tournaments in 4 years,

2 Big 12 tournament championships.

Pretty damn solid job in continuing what Hoiberg started