****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
It’s not about making a huge impact freshman year every time. Like Naz made zero impact. However, if you are not getting the best players then u are screwed. This off season if we miss on all of our targets would be a huge let down and I have to admit that.
Get back to me when we miss on all of our targets then. No one has committed anywhere yet and we've got like 9-10 players in the works.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Get back to me when we miss on all of our targets then. No one has committed anywhere yet and we've got like 9-10 players in the works.

If u see my post a few posts ago it says if we miss out on all of our primary targets. Right now I think Wheeler is looking the most likely commit for us.

Reactions: isutrevman

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Is someone saying Wiggs might come back or is everyone just wishful thinking. Honestly have not heard anything

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
It’s not about making a huge impact freshman year every time. Like Naz made zero impact. However, if you are not getting the best players then u are screwed. This off season if we miss on all of our targets would be a huge let down and I have to admit that.
But we didn't miss out on all our targets. We still have Leech, Anderson, and Jackson.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Is someone saying Wiggs might come back or is everyone just wishful thinking. Honestly have not heard anything

Sounds like he is on campus attending classes. Obviously isnt 100% sold he is gone quite yet. Chances are extremely slim but if Wigginton returns and land one of those two grad transfers we suddenly have a nice A$$ roster.

Haliburton
Wigginton
Tucker/Gilder
Jacobsen
Conditt

Nixon, Young, Leech

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Mostly wishful thinking, but a poster saw Lindell in class today so he is at least he's keeping the door open. Bain said the staff wants to keep a roster spot open for the slight chance THT or LW decides to return so even Prohm has a bit hope.

• Informative
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Sounds like he is on campus attending classes. Obviously isnt 100% sold he is gone quite yet. Chances are extremely slim but if Wigginton returns and land one of those two grad transfers we suddenly have a nice A$$ roster.

Haliburton
Wigginton
Tucker/Gilder
Jacobsen
Conditt

Nixon, Young, Leech

I think I'm actually leaning more towards Gilder than Tucker at this point.
Hoping Kennedy sold these guys on Prohm and we end up with Wheeler and Gilder.

Would love for Wigg to come back for one more year. The door is still ajar for a return. I just dont know if its wise to wait that long for him to decide if it means missing out on other players.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

No Iowa state and honestly not as many high majors as i would've anticipated

He’d be in the same class and probably the same position as Zion. I think I would prefer the kid from Troy over him as well. He’s just proven it at a step up from Juco, although doesn’t offer immediate help. Also, with them really only wanting to use two scholarships in case a guy comes back, then the two remaining scholarships would ideally go to a freshman guard and a grad transfer.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think I'm actually leaning more towards Gilder than Tucker at this point.
Hoping Kennedy sold these guys on Prohm and we end up with Wheeler and Gilder.

Would love for Wigg to come back for one more year. The door is still ajar for a return. I just dont know if its wise to wait that long for him to decide if it means missing out on other players.

I’m going conspiracy theory mode here, but I thought it was interesting when Prohm spoke out strongly about the way his mentor Kennedy was fired. Prohm could have suppressed his anger about it if he wanted to considering he manages to not go apeshit during games.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.na...lls-billy-kennedys-dismissal-bush-leauge/amp/

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The more I watch of Wheeler, the more I like him. He's small but of the 3 HS kids we have visiting, he might be the most ready to play next year. That doesn't mean he will but he has a mentality similar to Tyrese, the ball just always gets where its supposed to be when its in his hands. He's also a really good defender. He and Jackson would be undersized but I think they could get after people on the defensive end.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Haliburton
Wigginton
Tucker/Gilder
Jacobsen
Conditt

Nixon, Young, Leech
That’s second weekend talent, and likely an easier roster for the staff to coach.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
The more I watch of Wheeler, the more I like him. He's small but of the 3 HS kids we have visiting, he might be the most ready to play next year. That doesn't mean he will but he has a mentality similar to Tyrese, the ball just always gets where its supposed to be when its in his hands. He's also a really good defender. He and Jackson would be undersized but I think they could get after people on the defensive end.
Agreed, obviously his size will always be a limitation, but he looks like a great "table setter". He had one highlight where he got into the lane and whipped a kickout pass for a wide open 3. I know it wasn't a flashy highlight, but definitely could be something that could easily translate immediately.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron