UofI not paying contractors, AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
At this point, I wonder why any contractors would even bother bidding on a project with them.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
You’d think U of I would have a hard time trying to find contractors in the future.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The Iowa state courts just don't understand that the innocence of 'the wave' is at risk here.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'd like to know if Iowa still employs their project managers because there had to be some serious change orders.

I have a personal connection to the childrens hospital and the people that work there are phenomenal. But this, this is just so pathetic.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I'd like to know if Iowa still employs their project managers because there had to be some serious change orders.

I have a personal connection to the childrens hospital and the people that work there are phenomenal. But this, this is just so pathetic.

Project managers and overall management are just absolutely terrible there. I know a number of nurses that work there including my ex, the stories they’d talk about when it comes to management is truly embarrassing. And it’s sad for all the good the hospital does.

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
I think their Wave to the hospital sure takes a different approach now!
You can add whatever punchline you want moving forward.

I guessing flipping the bird is perhaps the most appropriate signal they are sending to the contractors and the public?? What a nice wave!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
What's pretty sad is this thread was one of the things I thought of as I was visiting my nephew at the children's hospital yesterday (The other being "they actually remove the turf from Kinnick Stadium when it's not in season?" He had one of the stadium-view rooms)

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
The only good thing about that university is the hospital. My son was made there through the IVF Process and I will forever love that place for the life changing work they did for our family.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Sounds like U if I is the ones practicing extortion. Hey Merritt, will you take 50 cents on the dollar from what the courts ordered? Yes? Here’s your check then.

Modern, if you take a reduced pay, we will pay you and go away, otherwise we won’t pay you.

What is odd to me, is it looks like they had a general contractor. Wouldn’t U if I hold money on them until they received everything and modern have to deal with the GC on this also?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
UI: We want certain documents.
UI + BOR: This is extortion.
Modern Piping: Uh, we already gave you those documents.
Merit: But we can get *our* money, right?
UI: Sure, here you go.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...f-iowa-hospitals-uihc-harrel-regents-20190419

Fascinating. Have the courts not confirmed the delivery of the "as-builts?" I'd love to know what is really behind all this. These are some big boys playing hard ball with each other. Seems like there may be something personal underneath it all.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
The only good thing about that university is the hospital. My son was made there through the IVF Process and I will forever love that place for the life changing work they did for our family.

When it gets to he time the fiancée and I want kids, we'll be doing the same thing at the U of I hospital. Happy to hear it worked out for you!

Reactions: Hayes30

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
When it gets to he time the fiancée and I want kids, we'll be doing the same thing at the U of I hospital. Happy to hear it worked out for you!
Thanks so much. It was a struggle and the process had its ups and down for sure. If you need anyone to talk to or vent to when you decide to do it. Shoot me a DM on here and I will help you whenever you need it. IVF can take a huge tole on people emotionally and physically and it is always nice to have someone to talk to. Good luck to the both of you whenever you decide to start.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thanks so much. It was a struggle and the process had its ups and down for sure. If you need anyone to talk to or vent to when you decide to do it. Shoot me a DM on here and I will help you whenever you need it. IVF can take a huge tole on people emotionally and physically and it is always nice to have someone to talk to. Good luck to the both of you whenever you decide to start.

Wife had a friend do this, took three times to finally take hold. Huge emotional hit and financial hit. After the first kid, they managed to have two kids the "old-fashioned" style. Must have primed the pump or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.