*** Official IOWA STATE VS #8 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Bit of a tangent and perhaps it popped up in a thread elsewhere but whats happened to Talley this season? I know he was suspended and then both THT and Halliburton were playing exceptional ball so there weren't many minutes to spare but with the way they've cooled off and how well Talley played at the end of last year I'm surprised he basically hasn't had any meaningful minutes in B12 play.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Bit of a tangent and perhaps it popped up in a thread elsewhere but whats happened to Talley this season? I know he was suspended and then both THT and Halliburton were playing exceptional ball so there weren't many minutes to spare but with the way they've cooled off and how well Talley played at the end of last year I'm surprised he basically hasn't had any meaningful minutes in B12 play.

As far as tonight, I think Coach Prohm is big on riding whatever is working. Beyond that, I don’t think Talley stretches the defense as well as other options that we have (and that’s kind of critical to what we do).

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Sorry, nerding out on this now.

Historical top 10 road wins (no neutral sites)
#2 Purdue 1987, 104-96
#2 Kansas 2005, 63-61 (ot)
#3 Kansas 2017, 92-89 (ot)
#5 Kansas 2001, 79-77
#5 K state 2010, 85-82 (ot)
#8 Indiana 1962, 63-55

That was it coming in to this season.

#8 Texas Tech, like an hour ago, 68-64

Last edited:

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Two were ugly for sure. The one late after the TTU bucket to get Shayok the ball in the middle of the floor was a thing of beauty.

Actually Shayok got away with a big time push off on that play to get open. Lucky no ref saw it.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
No chance I could just watch a game on delay without checking the score. No chance

I got caught up at work and left late, then got home and ended up talking to the parents for longer than anticipated. I felt good about the game tonight, but was kind of hedging my bets, by being able fast fwd things, so it wasn't a 2 hour plus committment. The last two games were so deflating that I didn't want to get my hopes up.

Just made 5-gallon jug of kool-aid, which I'll drink before bed. :)

Reactions: Cyclonepride

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It was mostly THT to the bench in the second half and I think that is the right call for now. Even with LW still struggling at 3 of like 12.
Yes Wigginton struggled finishing and forced some bad shots, but he created for others when he attacked the lane. He seems ready to break out at any moment.

• Agree
Reactions: Rural and legi

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Sorry, nerding out on this now.

Historical top 10 road wins (no neutral sites)
#2 Purdue 1987, 104-96
#2 Kansas 2005, 63-61 (ot)
#3 Kansas 2017, 92-89 (ot)
#5 Kansas 2001, 79-77
#5 K state 2010, 85-82 (ot)
#8 Indiana 1962, 63-55

That was it coming in to this season.

#8 Texas Tech like an hour ago

Added scores and years.

This was Iowa States 3rd largest margin of victory on the road vs a top 10 team in program history (t1st purdue '87, Indiana '62)

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Wow. Just got back to the room. That was fun tonight. Building was live.

These guys definitely left it all out there. Battled like hell, and overcame some adversity.

The one ref took over the game in the second half, but the kids just kept playing through it. I don’t know how the season ends, but if they play with that passion and that stick to it attitude to overcome bad breaks, they’re going to have a chance to be a really good team.

As far as the out of bounds plays, watching live, it seems that they don’t commit on screens and cuts.

I haven’t had a chance to read through the thread, had it up during the game but didn’t look too much at it. Are there any people missing from the thread?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Yes Wigginton struggled finishing and forced some bad shots, but he created for others when he attacked the lane. He seems ready to break out at any moment.

Yeah, Wiggi’s shot wasn’t falling, but the offense was really moving through him for a lot of the game. And it seemed like he was playing pretty unselfishly. Lots of drives to the baskets and kick outs to an open man.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

Whos minutes is he going to take? Better players in front of him and he looks lost on the court.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt