CBD oil

bhutch65

Sep 17, 2007
Coralville
I have my aunt from Cali send 20:1 in the mail. She mails it from an unknown return and we have never had any problem. Started when my mother was dying of cancer and she was sending tinctures and edibles through the mail. Pay Cali $18 in taxes every month that could be going to Iowa.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
I deal with back pain from time to time and it is my go-to for the pain. It's only a matter of time before good Dr.s that care about their patients vs. money start writing scripts for CBD over hydros and the myriad of other painkillers that should be illegal.

I also take it after a rough night of drinking. CBD + Pedialyte = bye, bye hangover

Last edited:

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
You guys that take it in Iowa, how do you take it? Oil, rubs, gummies? I have a myriad of back and joint problems. I also have random UA’s for my job, and I know it isn’t supposed to show up, but I don’t want to find out the hard way. I really want to try it at some point.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Maybe it’s placebo, but I notice that I’m not as short tempered and tuned up at work when I take it. I’m not drowsey or anything, just calm and more focused.

Can’t comment on the joint pain. Don’t have much yet.....

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
My wife got it for me to try for my anxiety. I did not notice a benefit.

Agree, the CBD here in KC that doesn't have THC doesn't do anything.

If you are going to use it with THC then you might as well bypass it and just use THC.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
What dose? Up to 30 mg?

Well, in looking at the bottle it may be nothing at all? Like @Macloney said, she purchased the bottle here in KC, and apparently it's just hemp oil. My dropper dose was 5mg hemp oil twice daily. So maybe I need to try some with THC in it? I should pay more attention to the ingredients in things she gives me to help my health.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Well, in looking at the bottle it may be nothing at all? Like @Macloney said, she purchased the bottle here in KC, and apparently it's just hemp oil. My dropper dose was 5mg hemp oil twice daily. So maybe I need to try some with THC in it? I should pay more attention to the ingredients in things she gives me to help my health.
I’d stay away from the thc if there is even a chance of drug tests. CBD oil should be fine but you probably need to take 30-40 mg depending on your size and symptoms. But ramp up.

• Informative
Reactions: Jacktronic

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
You guys that take it in Iowa, how do you take it? Oil, rubs, gummies? I have a myriad of back and joint problems. I also have random UA’s for my job, and I know it isn’t supposed to show up, but I don’t want to find out the hard way. I really want to try it at some point.

There are some articles out there talking about the less than stringent labeling of these "medicines". You could be getting way more THC than you expect which could impact a wizz quiz.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
anyone use it? I have been using it for a year now and love it. Recently switched to using Wild West Weed and Seed after using Marys for the last year.

Looking at their website, they recommend 15 drops under the tongue twice daily - how many drops would you say are in the 5ml bottle?

I'd like to give it a try, but I'm not about to fork over $700 for 4oz..

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Looking at their website, they recommend 15 drops under the tongue twice daily - how many drops would you say are in the 5ml bottle?

I'd like to give it a try, but I'm not about to fork over $700 for 4oz..

That's way too expensive - honestly it's all pretty much the same thing regardless of brand. you can buy 60ml (2 oz) for about $40 in stores. online is often more expensive.

bhutch65

Sep 17, 2007
Coralville
$60 for 2 oz. 20:1 CBD:THC from Med store in Cali. $18 for taxes. This works much better than the hemp oil you buy legally in Iowa. Tastes better, too.

I take it for colitis. It does the opposite of diarrhea for me. It is not a cure all, but does make a distinctive difference for the better. Also has a mild calming effect for anxiety. Does not get you high.

I can't take the new advertised prescriptions because they mess with my liver. I still take an anti inflammatory which works to a point. CBD tincture makes my life better.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
There are some articles out there talking about the less than stringent labeling of these "medicines". You could be getting way more THC than you expect which could impact a wizz quiz.

MAYBE its a cure-all. Or MAYBE its the next non-scientific gold rush. If they can push all those weight loss supplements that don't work, why not CBD? I AM 420 friendly but there are lots and lots of promises being made that people are spending lots and lots of money on with nothing more than testimonials. Reminds me of the Amazon 3 wolf shirt reviews...

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Is-the-hype-about-CBD-or-cannabidiol-real-13512076.php

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Here is the legal breakdown:
Definitions:
Hemp=Cannabis plant with under .3% THC by dry weight in the flowering tops.
CBD=cannibidiol
Hemp Extract=Botanical extract of any part of a Hemp plant.
1. Hemp is legal federerally via DEA and via FDA [if less than 4% cbd approx] as a food ingredient if it goes through the proper regulatory channels.
2. Isolated cbd is legal as a food ingredient if it has gone through the proper regulatory channels.
3. Hemp extracts containing cbd as a percent of the extracts are legal as a food ingredient if it has gone through the proper regulatory channels.

Proper regulatory channels for a new dietary ingredient
1. Filing a NDI with the FDA (these currently will be denied because of the non binding advisory position of the FDA
2. FDA determines CBD to be a GRAS ingredient.
3. New dietary ingredient goes through the self-GRAS regulatory process. Although it is not necessary to have the FDA review it is generally a good idea to have the FDA issue a no questions letter in response to the self-GRAS determination.

What is the non binding FDA advisory position?
Any CBD above the natural levels found in hemp before 1994 is a drug ingredient and not a food ingredient. 1994 Hemp that existed in Europe and Canada is max 4% CBD.
FDA cannot be sued for its position till it makes a final rule.

If the FDA makes a final rule then it will go to federal court and this is a case against
them -> https://www.regulations.gov/documen...svC82MU36kzqHHl_ph-Li9T0JC_ZYzlERTU1OjtWMYZJY

The risk for the FDA is if they make a final the ind preclusion portion of the federal fdca could be overturned allowing things like active ssri drug ingredients into dietary supplement. Not worth the risk for the FDA.

More likely though they allow up to 10-25% of hemp extract to contain indigenous non isolated cannabidiol.

Because of the above the IDPH memo regarding CBD that there is no CBD legal federally is now in violation of state antitrust laws and federal antitrust laws. [because there is a company that went through the self-gras process]

Regarding Iowa it does not appear the definition of a hemp extract containing CBD is enclosed in the definition of cannabidiol in the Iowa Medical Cannabidiol act so if a hemp extract containing cbd is lawful federally via FDA it should be lawful in Iowa granted the CSA in Iowa may need to be updated to exclude the definition of Hemp from Marijuana like it is on the Fedaral CSA.

Last edited: