Friday OT #1 - Two Scoops

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
1. Bacon

Occasionally French toast on the weekends when I have more time to make it (or go out to brunch).

A McGriddle is good gut bomb hungover food.

Reactions: Angie

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Savory, for sure.

I'm really bad about grabbing breakfast on the way to work rather than cooking at home. Qdoba breakfast burritos are pretty solid, and also have a local convenience store that makes homemade breakfast burritos. Have a solid bagel place on the way to work also that has a horseradish cheddar that I get on breakfast sandwiches.

On weekends I almost always cook a big, solid breakfast. Lately been perfecting my biscuits and gravy recipe.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
During the week, if I eat breakfast, it's a yogurt smoothie. If I feel like actually eating breakfast, it's a breakfast sandwich.

Weekends I don't usually eat breakfast at all but if I do it's probably an omelette with bacon, cheese, spinach, mushroom, and jalepenos. If I eat out then I throw in some hashbrowns and maybe a biscuit and gravy.

I might be fat for a reason.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Also just dropping in to say that over easy is the best way to eat an egg.

Mop up the extra yolk with a piece of toast or hashbrowns.

If you're a yolk man and can't do sunny side up, try "country style" or basted eggs. Throw in some water and cover your eggs so the steam cooks that fine outer layer of the yolk.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
If you're a yolk man and can't do sunny side up, try "country style" or basted eggs. Throw in some water and cover your eggs so the steam cooks that fine outer layer of the yolk.
Never heard of this method before. I'll have to try it.

Sometimes when flipping the over easy egg, the yolk breaks and it gives me a sad. This seems like a way to circumvent having to flip.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Never heard of this method before. I'll have to try it.

Sometimes when flipping the over easy egg, the yolk breaks and it gives me a sad. This seems like a way to circumvent having to flip.
That's exactly why I have converted to this. The white of the egg isn't as crispy as when you fry it but you can use less water or an obscene amount of butter to get a crispier white.

Reactions: WhatchaGonnaDo

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
My day in, day out breakfast is a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit from McD's. At home it's gotta be pancakes (Krusteaz mix, please - say that name out loud) and bacon. Tons of butter.
Yeah - I'm not a big Micky D's fan, but I absolutely love their B, E, & C biscuit!

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone and Angie

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I am semi-ashamed to say that the McDonald's sausage McMuffin with egg/cheese is in my top 5 foods of all time.

My favorite home creation is a brat and sauerkraut omelette.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I keep it pretty boring most of the time. Steel cut oats with a spoonful of sun butter stirred in and a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon. Sometimes we'll go out for breakfast on the weekend, and my go-to is breakfast tacos. I'm not real big on sweets but every now and then I'll steal a bite of my kids' pancakes or french toast.

Biscuits and gravy are my once a year birthday treat for myself.
OK. Who let the hippie in here?

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Most workday mornings, I have one egg, OE, and my dog gets to lick the plate when I'm through. Then I will have a can of V-8 when I get to work. If I'm in a real hurry, it's carnation instant breakfast (choc) with a glass of 2% milk. Weekends, sausage, eggs, hash browns with cheese, or an occasional breakfast burrito if we have tortillas around.

Reactions: SCyclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Okay, I don't eat only coffee for breakfast. After a whole bunch of java my new homebound go to is Shredded Wheat, Cheerios, raisins (not sugar coated ones) and bananas. All of the sugar in most cereals just doesn't agree with me that well. Even the "natural" or "healthy" branded stuff is packed full of sugar. I even drink my coffee black.

Actual breakfast this morning:

CF cereal pic.jpg

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Work days - cup of yogurt and water (it's my healthy meal)

Weekends - cereal, unless I'm treating it like a 09:00-10:00 brunch thing where I'm only eating that and dinner for the day. If that's the case, the sky is the limit. Pancakes or waffles or french toast or biscuits and gravy or eggs benedict with hash browns, sausage, bacon, eggs, etc. I don't do a really big breakfast very often, but when I do, I make enough food to feed my family 3 times. It's a sickness.

Reactions: SCyclone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Work days - cup of yogurt and water (it's my healthy meal)

Weekends - cereal, unless I'm treating it like a 09:00-10:00 brunch thing where I'm only eating that and dinner for the day. If that's the case, the sky is the limit. Pancakes or waffles or french toast or biscuits and gravy or eggs benedict with hash browns, sausage, bacon, eggs, etc. I don't do a really big breakfast very often, but when I do, I make enough food to feed my family 3 times. It's a sickness.
That's generally my work day breakfast too. Except I throw in a cheese stick. Yes, I'm one of those monsters that bites off chunks of the string cheese instead of pulling it apart in strings.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
That's generally my work day breakfast too. Except I throw in a cheese stick. Yes, I'm one of those monsters that bites off chunks of the string cheese instead of pulling it apart in strings.

I did that once in front of my daughter and she gave me a "you're not my father" look

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Wait, that's not how everyone does it? Why would you pull it apart? If I wanted shredded cheese then I would buy and eat shredded cheese.

I use string cheese sticks to dip in hummus. It's awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron