*** Official IOWA STATE VS #18 Iowa Game(Day) Thread ***

GoldCard

Nov 25, 2016
We lost the battle tonight, not the war. We’ll be the NCAA Tournament in March. Iowa will be lucky to be in a play-in game.

Completely agree. Pretty sure we've seen the best of Iowa this season. Sucks to lose to an inferior team with an inferior coach, but love the fight from this Cyclone team, including the coach

Reactions: cyfan21

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Probably true but let's say you had Barnes and McDermott(player not idiot coach) and some other in-state talent and went to the Final Four. Not ONE OUNCE of extra satisfaction doing it with them versus out of state roster? None??? Don't believe it. Look how much the hometown/state boys like Fred are revered when they are successful.

Hey, just go to bed and be happy about your near all Iowa born team and their huge win tonight. Nobody is stopping you from being proud of them because they are from Iowa. Great job!

But if you want to win big games like ISU has over the years, you have to limit your Iowa kids on your roster. Sorry, you just do.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Probably true but let's say you had Barnes and McDermott(player not idiot coach) and some other in-state talent and went to the Final Four. Not ONE OUNCE of extra satisfaction doing it with them versus out of state roster? None??? Don't believe it. Look how much the hometown/state boys like Fred are revered when they are successful.

ISU's best team was in 99-00 with a bunch of out of state players and I hold them in the highest regard.

The high school hero thing is cool every once in a while but hanging your hat on it is really stupid.

hawkstate

Dec 10, 2015
Hey, just go to bed and be happy about your near all Iowa born team and their huge win tonight. Nobody is stopping you from being proud of them because they are from Iowa. Great job!

But if you want to win big games like ISU has over the years, you have to limit your Iowa kids on your roster. Sorry, you just do.

Hey, couldn't have happened without guys from elsewhere like Cook and Moss. I'm a realist. Next year will be interesting for sure and if Cook's gone, could be brutal. I'm outta here.

GoldCard

Nov 25, 2016
He can still get it, Naz played to this point 3 years ago and still got one.

Sure, but hurt and out then not hurt, vs. playing through pain, not sure those have the same optics... but it is the NCAA, so hard to say.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Why not shake hands after the game? Can’t control your players? Afraid he wouldn’t Ben able to control himself?

The **** happened because McCaffrey or Bohannon dribbled in for a layup on the other half of the court rather than dribble out the clock & chuck it up from deep at the end. That’s what led to Shayok getting the layup then doing what he did.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Its Iowa's "super bowl" yet our coach threw a tantrum at the end of the game lol... why are we trying to steal the ball in the last 5 seconds unless were trying to instigate? God some of the takes in here are bad. We got out played. We aren't at full strength. Don't need to make this a battle of who cares less. Both teams care a lot. And if Prohm doesn't take this rivarly seriously then he can get tf lost.

The stupids are here

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Can we stop with the sour grapes? They are going to win all of their noncon games and if they go 9-9 the rest of the way in their conference they make it.

Jeez guys I’m an emotional fan and you’re making me look reasonable.

I am happy you made it back after running over to all the hawk boards to take a load

Kinnick80

Jul 20, 2014
Shayok and Jacobson were being kinda d**cks there with McCaffrey, but I think it all went back to McCaffrey starting the "fight" in the 1st half by running his mouth.

I've never seen Prohm like that before. I wonder what he was telling Fran's assistant?

Why are the McCaffrey's such d-bags though?

All I can say is thank goodness I don't have to watch that Iowa team play ever again this year. That stuff is hard to watch. I'd much rather watch basketball being played, which ISU is better at. Turning it into a brawl is not what I enjoy watching.

Hard to watch a team that scores 98 points huh? Lmao

• Dislike
Reactions: SerenityNow

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
As long as Iowa recruits players from the state of Iowa that have a chip on their shoulder, they will ALWAYS play out of their a$$es against us. Heck - John Neal won a game for us against the Hoks back in the Eustachy days.

Wayne Morgan was the coach when John made his big shots.

• Informative
Reactions: kentkel

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think lard played pretty well considering how out of shape he is currently. Hope that second half gets him more minutes here on out.

He did, I’d give the edge to Tyrese simply for the fouls.

I get the feeling that the strategy (for now) with Cam is to send him out there to play his butt off, fouls be damned.

• Agree
Reactions: tyler24

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron