Giordano's Des Moines might get one. GET THE VOTE OUT!!!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Giordano's is coming to WDM

https://giordanos.com/opening-soon/

j1R2WMS.jpg

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I mean I'll take it but I'd rather a Lou Malnatis and it's not close to be fair.

Lou's is actually a slightly different style of pizza than what Giordano's signature pie is. Lou's, Uno, Gino's and a couple others are what are considered "Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza" The crust is a little thicker, usually heavy on the Cornmeal, a layer of cheese, followed by any toppings, then covered in sauce. Giordano's does what they call a "Stuffed" Pizza. It's very similar to Deep dish, but the crust is usually more of a traditional thin crust recipe. The topping and cheese layer are usually mixed together and thicker than a traditional deep dish. Then another thin layer of crust is added and on top of that goes the sauce. They are similar in look until you cut into them and you can see a difference. I've always preferred the Giordano's "Stuffed" style to the Traditional "Chicago Deep Dish." The Deep Dish stuff can get a little to "doughy" for me at some of the places.

My wife is a big Gino's fan. I like all the "Deep" pizzas for the most part, but 9 times out of ten, when getting pizza, my favorited is a nice thin crust where you get a well cooked cracker like crust. Nothing worse than a thin crust pizza with a mushy, doughy crust.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneFan4

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
of the man 4 deep dish places they rank like this

1 - Lou’s

2 - Gio’s

3 - Geno’s

4 - Uno’s

They all are a little different, Gio’s was well described above, Geno’s is probably the most traditional deep dish with a more traditional pizza crust consistency, just in a deep pan. I have been told, can’t verify, Lou’s is based on a cookie recipe. Lou’s crust is great. Uno’s sucks IMHO.

Gio’s thin crust is pretty good. They also have pretty good lunch specials for those that work in that area. Meatball, sausage and Italian beef sandwiches. Individual thin and deep one top pizza’s. I think they include a salad, fries or chips and a drink for like $8.

Gio’s will be the best chain pizza in the Des Moine area.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I usually enjoy your posts. So sad.

Did you see my Nuggets went and beat your Raptors' sorry as in Canada on Monday ;)

Sorry, that deep dish comment was a little trolly. I have no problem with it, but I like my pizza thin and my lasagna thicc.

• Friendly
Reactions: CloneFan4

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Did you see my Nuggets went and beat your Raptors' sorry as in Canada on Monday ;)

Sorry, that deep dish comment was a little trolly. I have no problem with it, but I like my pizza thin and my lasagna thicc.

Still ahead in the league through 25 games by a decent margin :cool:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
When I pick up Chicago-style deep dish pizza, I feel like a man!
When I pick up a New York-style thin pizza, I feel like a girl!

• Funny
Reactions: CubsClones1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron