Pat Forde on Kansas' hoops recruiting (FBI-related)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
A) I do not concern myself with the opinion of fans of other schools. I doubt you thought much of KU 4 years ago so nothing has changed.

B) See #1.

C) What has that evidence shown? That KU was willing to cheat to get Zion Williamson but didn't because he chose Duke. Being willing to cheat is a violation of which NCAA rule? None.

D) I offer no defense because I am not trying to defend anything. I am simply aware of the full picture of what it takes to function at a high level in ncaa sports. Expecting it to happen while steering clear of stuff like this is like expecting politics to run clean. The amount of money involved makes that impossible.

ISU isn't going to be a top tier program in football or basketball without wading out inti the cesspool. You can wish it wasn't the case but it changes nothing. I wish I would win the Mega Millions tomorrow and it's more likely that there being a squeaky clean top tier ncaa sports program.

Ultra high level anything has times when it is dirty. Banking, business, politics, construction, sports, etc... it has been that way since the concept of money was created. The pursuit of wealth is inherently vain and self serving. It should come as no surprise that the pursuit of money inevitably results in sinful behavior.

That's a whole lot of words for something you supposedly don't care about. Nice to know your program ranks right up there with the Louisville's and UNC's of the world when it comes to ****** behavior.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Move up a tier? The only schools that consistently recruit better than KU are Duke, UK and UNC. Do you think KU is moving up into that tier?
If they switch to Nike they would almost certainly start landing a higher rate of Top 20 players. There's zero doubt about that.

Rivals Top 20 recruits the last 4 years:
Tier One
Duke: 15
Kentucky: 14

Tier Two
Kansas: 5
Zona: 5
Oregon, Mich. St., UCLA: 3
Vandy, Western Kentucky, Texas, UNLV, Nova, Cal, LSU: 2

KU is the top of Tier Two. A switch to Nike would inevitably push them closer to the numbers put up by Duke and UK.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
It is going to be glorious this winter when the chants of Cheater, Cheater ring out across the venues of the B12 when KU comes to visit. It will even be better if they stumble and someone snaps their string of conference championships.
Yes, I was thinking the same. When Billy Bob brings all those freshmen into Bramlage for the first time, well, it's going to be fierce, to say the least.

Also, if the jury finds the Adidas guys not guilty, I suppose that means by default that Ku is guilty because they'd be saying the schools knew and benefited, thus no harm was done to them, no defraud on Ku by Adidas, i.e. not guilty. It's a strange twist in that way.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
That's a whole lot of words for something you supposedly don't care about. Nice to know your program ranks right up there with the Louisville's and UNC's of the world when it comes to ****** behavior.

Message boards are for conversations. I am simply participating
It is going to be glorious this winter when the chants of Cheater, Cheater ring out across the venues of the B12 when KU comes to visit. It will even be better if they stumble and someone snaps their string of conference championships.
No one is coming within 2 games of this KU team. Sorry, but this just isn't the year it ends.

KSU fans think they return an Elite Eight caliber squad when they really a Round of 32 caliber squad who lucked out when their #1 seed lost to a #16. They are good enough to beat some good teams, even KU, in any one game but not good enough to survive the 18 game Big 12 schedule on top. Harsh but true.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
RandomFan cares so little what fans of other schools think that he spends more time on CF than Cyclone fans.
I have posted a fair bit here the last week or so but since the redo of the site, I am not here much overall. I enjoy reading different opinions than mine and enjoy the healthy banter with opposing fans. It's oddly relaxing and fun and a nice break during this very stressful time at work.

Reactions: cycloneML

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
A) I do not concern myself with the opinion of fans of other schools....

But yet you feel a need to continue to give your opinion on an Iowa State board. If you don't "concern" with Cyclones fans comments regarding KU on the take, why do you even come to this site?

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
If they switch to Nike they would almost certainly start landing a higher rate of Top 20 players. There's zero doubt about that.

Rivals Top 20 recruits the last 4 years:
Tier One
Duke: 15
Kentucky: 14

Tier Two
Kansas: 5
Zona: 5
Oregon, Mich. St., UCLA: 3
Vandy, Western Kentucky, Texas, UNLV, Nova, Cal, LSU: 2

KU is the top of Tier Two. A switch to Nike would inevitably push them closer to the numbers put up by Duke and UK.

Good points here, KU could clearly cheat much, much better if they switched to Nike. Someone should really tell Self.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
KSU fans think they return an Elite Eight caliber squad when they really a Round of 32 caliber squad who lucked out when their #1 seed lost to a #16. They are good enough to beat some good teams, even KU, in any one game but not good enough to survive the 18 game Big 12 schedule on top. Harsh but true.

Yeah, and D. Lawson will be B12 Preseason POY.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Message boards are for conversations. I am simply participating

No one is coming within 2 games of this KU team. Sorry, but this just isn't the year it ends.

You may be right or not, that is why we play the games. Looking forward to the season as I always do.

Reactions: randomfan44

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
He finally admitted he was an Iowa and Kansas fan, something he's never done before and hasn't posted since I called him out on him

giphy.webp

I had seen him discuss this multiple times before, but you two seem to have it in for each other so to each their own, but I did dig a little to find this.

I have said this before but I will say it again. My dad went to KU and most of that side of my family so I was born into a KU family and have always been a fan of KU basketball. But I am also an ISU fan. I moved to Iowa when I was in second grade with my mom and step dad who is an ISU grad. So I also grew up an Iowa State fan and have been going to ISU games since I was a kid. Went to ISU after high Now, I don't hate Iowa so Twins thinks I am the antichrist but really it's just that i am not the kind of person that hates the other school and everything about them. I have a degree from Iowa and since that time I have cheered for them when they aren't playing Iowa State. Also have a degree from Drake but there usually isn't much to cheer for.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
As someone who hasn't paid much attention to this hearing and doesn't really want to read through piles of articles, how badly has Kansas been cheating? Are we talking paying a few guys here and there (expected) or are they right up there as one of the dirtiest programs around?

Reactions: cyfanatic

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
But yet you feel a need to continue to give your opinion on an Iowa State board. If you don't "concern" with Cyclones fans comments regarding KU on the take, why do you even come to this site?
Feel free to put me on your ignore list if my participation here bothers you. I feel I offer a different perspective than most other users here and I try to stay within the parameters of the terms of usage while respecting the opinions of fellow posters. We all have our own point of view based on our preferences and fandom. No one has to read what I post.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
As someone who hasn't paid much attention to this hearing and doesn't really want to read through piles of articles, how badly has Kansas been cheating? Are we talking paying a few guys here and there (expected) or are they right up there as one of the dirtiest programs around?
So far there has not been any evidence that Kansas has actually paid anyone at all. Allegedly Preston got 90k from Adidas but as soon as KU found evidence of those wire transfers when investigation Preston's car, they held Preston out of any games and turned that info over to the ncaa.

And DeSousa's guardian allegedly got $60k from a Maryland booster and $2,500 from Adidas.

And an assistant coach for KU said that he would try to figure out how to fulfill a recruit's demands for money, a fake job and living arrangements for his family but before they actually did that he committed to Duke.

I think that's "it" as for what has come out.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Yeah, and D. Lawson will be B12 Preseason POY.
The question really is "will KSU hang a banner for Wade's preseason POY win?"

It was right to give Wade that pick and he may win the real award; I dont care about that. KU likely has too many contributors to have someone with stats big enough to win the Big 12 POY award this year. That's not the award we are shooting for this year.

• Useful
Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron