Tre Jackson commits

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This is shaping up as a bit of a breather class between the THT/Griffin class and all of the big fish out there for 2020. I think KyKy is less than a 50/50 but not because of this commit. I’ve got a weird feeling that we might be getting an MJ surprise down the line.

• Creative
Reactions: Pharmacy99

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Please don’t take this comment as a negative. This class has a very Kansas State feel to it. 3 unranked 3 stars. I say don’t take it as a negative comment because I feel like KSU does a pretty good job at landing under the radar 3-stars and I feel that’s what this class will be like.

Yep KSU was my first thought as well.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Kind of disappointing when compared to Lindell and monte out of highschool but on par with the two pg’s out of Murray St that are playing in the nba.

Tre Jackson #368
Lindell #35
Monte #83

Isaiah Canaan #760
Cameron Payne #359

Tre Jackson has yet to be rated by 247 or ESPN really..they will redo rankings including his..so keep that in mind.

If there is a coach that knows guards it is S Prohm...the guy has a knack for finding and developing stud guards. Tre Jackson went up against some the better AAU programs in country this summer and more than held his own. I won’t question Prohm getting any guard until proven otherwise..

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Steve's track record with point guards:

Isaiah Canaan - pro
Cameron Payne - pro
Monte morris - pro
Liddell wigginton - future pro
Haiburton - TBD

Ill give Prohm a benefit of the doubt for now on Tre.

Well, you also have Zay Jackson but nobody’s perfect.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
From the few videos I found of him he looks like a damn good pick up. First thing that pops out is he is a very very good 3 Point shooter, has good ball control, and has good passing ability and puts some stank on his passes. He also looks to be a very good defender with the potential to be a lock down type defender at the College Level, and is a very tough Bully Guard type player. Pretty much everything I love to see in a PG. Although not as an explosive of a jumper as Tandy I like Jackson's Upside just as much.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Steve's track record with point guards:

Isaiah Canaan - pro
Cameron Payne - pro
Monte morris - pro
Liddell wigginton - future pro
Haiburton - TBD

Ill give Prohm a benefit of the doubt for now on Tre.

Love the pick-up.
Just playing devil's advocate though, Prohm recruited only two of those 4 pros, and of those two, only Payne would have been considered a "diamond in the rough."

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The number of high school recruits ranked above 200 that make an impact in the big 12 is very low. You can respect the job Prohm has done in the past and be skeptical at the same time.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Please don’t take this comment as a negative. This class has a very Kansas State feel to it. 3 unranked 3 stars. I say don’t take it as a negative comment because I feel like KSU does a pretty good job at landing under the radar 3-stars and I feel that’s what this class will be like.

Could also be a Fran McCaffrey class. We just don’t know.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I’ve got a weird feeling that we might be getting an MJ surprise down the line.

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: cyguy9320

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Feel bad for the kid. Just made one of the biggest decisions of his life and if he comes and reads this, fans are already making negative comments before he even steps on the court. Way to go guys! Best fans in the country!

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
This is a forum, we can have discussion on recruiting. It’s part of the reason this is here. Prohm has an eye for talent no doubt. Jackson was not his first choice for the position. We are all rooting for him to be great, some of us are just more skeptical while others have blind faith.

• Winner
Reactions: nallen34

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This kid shoots 3 well enough to be moved to shooting guard. Kind of a Naz type situation where we brought Naz in to be the point guard and moved him to shooting guard.

• Agree
Reactions: swimmercy

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Feel bad for the kid. Just made one of the biggest decisions of his life and if he comes and reads this, fans are already making negative comments before he even steps on the court. Way to go guys! Best fans in the country!

He’s probably been disrespected his whole playing career. He doesn’t even even have a 247 profile. Maybe he is used to playing the underdog role and will use the disrespect to fuel him.