****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
It still seems like he's Missouri's to lose. I'd rather know now so the staff can concentrate their efforts elsewhere.

Everything I have seen in the past couple of months has EJ as a heavy tOSU lean. Missou is a legit player but fading. I'd think he ends up in Columbus.

I think think ISU staff knew he was likely going else where a while ago. They didn't contact/visit Liddell once the early summer contact period started like McKinney, Lewis, Tandy and other top targets like many expected.

Last edited:

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Everything I have seen in the past couple of months has EJ as a heavy tOSU lean. Missou is a legit player but fading. I'd think he ends up in Columbus.

I think think ISU staff knew he was likely going else where a while ago. They didn't contact/visit Liddell once the early summer contact period started like McKinney, Lewis, Tandy and other top targets like many expected.

Being surrounded by as many Missouri fans as I am, my reply to that is "Good"

I'd just as soon see Missouri struggle like they did for the past few years.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Being surrounded by as many Missouri fans as I am, my reply to that is "Good"

I'd just as soon see Missouri struggle like they did for the past few years.
Missouri better enjoy Cuonzo Martin's $ervices while they can. Only matter of time (three years left if his tenure trend continues) until he leaves them for a (somehow) bigger job.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Basketball recruiting is going to be like football recruiting sooner than later and I'm already dreading it

Did he take a visit? If so I can see how he got caught up in the whole thing and committed and later once he got home thought about it a little bit and let them know. Either that or another coach got in his ear.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Realistically looking at this class on the recruiting rankings when it's all said and done won't be as sexy as it has the last 2 years. I'm guessing Tandy will be the only 4 Star. He will be joined by the already committed Leech, and Luke Anderson. But those 3 will be a very very solid class. We all know what Leech uses to be before the injury and it looks like he is well on his way to being that again. Leech will be the biggest steal of this recruiting cycle. Anderson is from what I have read one of the best pure shooters in the class of 19, he is a prototypical stretch 4, and is a rebounding machine. IMO Anderson is arguably the most under rated player in the 19 class. We honestly don't need a super star in every class. A class of solid roll players who will be in Ames all 4 years is exactly what CSP needs to add to players the caliber of Lindell and THT.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Realistically looking at this class on the recruiting rankings when it's all said and done won't be as sexy as it has the last 2 years. I'm guessing Tandy will be the only 4 Star. He will be joined by the already committed Leech, and Luke Anderson. But those 3 will be a very very solid class. We all know what Leech uses to be before the injury and it looks like he is well on his way to being that again. Leech will be the biggest steal of this recruiting cycle. Anderson is from what I have read one of the best pure shooters in the class of 19, he is a prototypical stretch 4, and is a rebounding machine. IMO Anderson is arguably the most under rated player in the 19 class. We honestly don't need a super star in every class. A class of solid roll players who will be in Ames all 4 years is exactly what CSP needs to add to players the caliber of Lindell and THT.

I don't know, if that's how it fills out, isn't that potentially just as "sexy" as Monte's class? That turned out pretty well.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think it is highly likely the Carton ends up at Iowa. Just too many things in their favor to over come.

giphy.webp

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Did ISU not finish last in men's basketball last year or do you not follow the standings?

Seriously, is this the best you got?? Prohm was sure still able to convince THT, Griffin, Haliburton and Conditt to come on over. What about Jacobson and Shayok waiting in the wings to play this year? Most knew it was going to be a bit of a gap and uphill battle last year. There was too much uncertainty returning. You can sell playing time and Hilton. It's not rocket science.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
It is generally harder to recruit right after a down season but saying there is no optimism is pretty ******* stupid. But all in all, I think with Leech on board they have a huge steal and I think they get at least one more higher rated guard. So that is pretty good. Leech is a 5 star talent if healthy which it appears he is.