****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
How can you dislike something mired in irrelevance?

Collin Sexton and now Kira Lewis would be the answer to that question.

Personally, I am indifferent to the Tide. Both kids spurned multiple blue blood programs to stay close to home. Hope Lewis can succeed like Sexton did and go pro early.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Why? We got Wigginton instead of Sexton, and I think it works out better for us. As in, two years, instead of one. And with Lewis reclassifying, we don’t have a scholarship available this Fall, right? So, irrelevant.
Plus, Sexton got in trouble and had to miss a few games. If he was at ISU, he would have missed the entire season, our basketball team would have been investigated and made an example of, in order to show the blueblood schools that the NCAA doesn't mess around. Also, don't underestimate the snowball effect that improprieties would have on recruiting at a place like ISU. If Prohm & Co. can sniff out possible trouble (not saying Kira is), before they step on campus - I'm all for passing on the Sextons and Prestons of the college basketball world (even if they have STRONG interest in ISU)!

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Plus, Sexton got in trouble and had to miss a few games. If he was at ISU, he would have missed the entire season, our basketball team would have been investigated and made an example of, in order to show the blueblood schools that the NCAA doesn't mess around. Also, don't underestimate the snowball effect that improprieties would have on recruiting at a place like ISU. If Prohm & Co. can sniff out possible trouble (not saying Kira is), before they step on campus - I'm all for passing on the Sextons and Prestons of the college basketball world (even if they have STRONG interest in ISU)!

What the ****.

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
Why? We got Wigginton instead of Sexton, and I think it works out better for us. As in, two years, instead of one. And with Lewis reclassifying, we don’t have a scholarship available this Fall, right? So, irrelevant.

Main reason I don't like it is because I want the SEC to be lackluster in bball so Prohm can have a better shot at convincing recruits from his region of origin to come on up to ISU, generally. But yea, otherwise not that relevant

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
They want two guards so don't think it has anything to do with Tandy probably more with Mann and McKinney

Kira Lewis also just committed, and Zeb Jackson (2020) is announcing tomorrow. That is likely 2 targets off the board so it makes sense to extend an offer to another PG target.
Prohm will always be looking for PG's until he get his guy he'll keep evaluating..

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
That's suspicious.

Total speculation on my part.
EJ may have originally cut Illinois but with "home" state politics he was advised to add them and needed some time to update his announcement post graphic.
EJ won't need to take an OV there (or Mizzou) due to location thus it isn't there is no problem adding them to the original 5 as the +1. It would save him a few month of ragging from the local fan base.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
Total speculation on my part.
EJ may have originally cut Illinois but with "home" state politics he was advised to add them and needed some time to update his announcement post graphic.
EJ won't need to take an OV there (or Mizzou) due to location thus it isn't there is no problem adding them to the original 5 as the +1. It would save him a few month of ragging from the local fan base.

That certainly makes sense to me. Keep the locals happy for longer.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Is Illinois the worst amateur basketball athletic state ever? No other state get's into high school kids business like it. The leaders of AAU and High school basketball only care about themselves and not the students. It's basically like a mafia run state but with AAU basketball as the way to profit.

• Disagree
Reactions: srjclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron