NBA: Summer 2018 Off Season Thread

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So far this draft has told me that if THT does even a little bit something next year he could be a one and done. The NBA is all over the guys with huge wingspans right now.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm glad the Wolves didn't take the head-case Allen, but I'm a little underwhelmed with the Okogie pick. Was hoping they would take the Boise kid.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Is the Bosie kid the guy who got hurt during our tournament game?

Edit, looked it up and that certainly looks like it is. I like the pick a lot. His 3 pt shooting could be better but I'll bet Fred can help in that area.

Last edited:

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Weird trade by Philly as Bridges was a perfect high level fit for them, I get getting additional assets but they are closer to being a contender than hording picks and taking on players that are lesser fits (they need shooting bad and they didnt pick that up).

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Another ugh pick by GarPax and Co.

They hit a home run with Lauri last year but for the most part GarPax have not had great drafts. Even worse is they have had several years they could make some moves to either trade up to get an impact guy or trade their pick for some veteran help but in the end it's all talk and no action and they predictably play it safe. I was really hoping Bamba would be there at 7, was glad that Young was gone and they passed on Porter because I thought those were 2 others they would have taken there and are big risks that could be busts. Carter is a safe pick but not sure he fits what the Bulls need. GarPax is usually pretty good at drafting roll players. Valentine, Portis, and Zipster are perfect examples of that, granted they were taken later in the draft than Carter but Carter may not put up much better stats than Portis has and they essentially have the same build.

Still not sure what direction the Bulls are going in. They won't sign an impact free agent this year, their building blocks are Lauri and maybe LaVine and Dunn but after that they really have nothing but some niche role players and no true superstar in the making on the roster.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Weird trade by Philly as Bridges was a perfect high level fit for them, I get getting additional assets but they are closer to being a contender than hording picks and taking on players that are lesser fits (they need shooting bad and they didnt pick that up).

Philly has a ton of cap space to get that shooter in free agency though. They could have anywhere from $23-31 mil in cap space. They are one of those dark horse teams that could be in play for LeBron because they have a roster built to win and enough cap space to make a deal happen without having to gut their roster to give LeBron a max contract. Doubt LeBron goes there but they will be a player in the free agent market.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
They hit a home run with Lauri last year but for the most part GarPax have not had great drafts. Even worse is they have had several years they could make some moves to either trade up to get an impact guy or trade their pick for some veteran help but in the end it's all talk and no action and they predictably play it safe. I was really hoping Bamba would be there at 7, was glad that Young was gone and they passed on Porter because I thought those were 2 others they would have taken there and are big risks that could be busts. Carter is a safe pick but not sure he fits what the Bulls need. GarPax is usually pretty good at drafting roll players. Valentine, Portis, and Zipster are perfect examples of that, granted they were taken later in the draft than Carter but Carter may not put up much better stats than Portis has and they essentially have the same build.

Still not sure what direction the Bulls are going in. They won't sign an impact free agent this year, their building blocks are Lauri and maybe LaVine and Dunn but after that they really have nothing but some niche role players and no true superstar in the making on the roster.

A mock a saw had Bulls taking Mikal Bridges at 7 which would have made sense with Fred's offense.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Welcome to the NBA draft second round. Where most of the picks are foreign players you have never heard of which they can draft and stash instead of quality college players. Whoever gets Diop will be getting a steal.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Maria Taylor is hot. That is all.

Maria-Taylor-Georgia-ESPN.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: canker2323 and Doc

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron