NBA: Summer 2018 Off Season Thread

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Spurs are probably trying to avoiding Luol Dengs contract

That, or they're just not all that interested in moving Kawhi right now. What's the rush? Let the draft play out and see where the dominoes fall in free agency, because the landscape could look totally different in a month. Of all the teams in the league, the Spurs are the least likely to make a panic move.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Wouldn't the Bulls be all over Michael Porter Jr. at #7 then? Or could they move up to #4? I'd think Fred would love the idea of Jackson next to Markannen.

Suppose the Bulls are in position to get Young or Porter at 7 and the Clips called offering 12, 13, and Tobias Harris? Would you make that move?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Suppose the Bulls are in position to get Young or Porter at 7 and the Clips called offering 12, 13, and Tobias Harris? Would you make that move?

I'd probably take Porter if he's there. If Porter is gone and Young is there I'd probably do the trade. Fred could maybe finally have Miles Bridges on his team then. What would you do?

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I'd take it and pray SGA or Sexton are still there. The talent level really drops after 15.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'd probably take Porter if he's there. If Porter is gone and Young is there I'd probably do the trade. Fred could maybe finally have Miles Bridges on his team then. What would you do?

I'd have to think long and hard about it, but I'd probably stay put and take Young or Porter. But I don't know what the Bulls are doing. Fred has two years left on that contract so at some point fairly soon he does have to show some sort of progress, and the quickest way to do that would be to add a solid starter or sixth man in Harris and a couple ready made contributors like Bridges and maybe Knox if he slips out of the top ten. But if management is committed to staying the course and being patient all the way through a rebuild then swing for the fences and hope you're getting the next Steph Curry or the next Kevin Durant in one of those guys.

I would also be careful about trading with the Clippers. If Jerry West wants to make a deal to move up then it's probably because he knows something you don't.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I like Bilas all right, but he's really better at covering college than the NBA.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Thanks, Mo Bamba!
(Just wanted to drop a Dad joke)