Let me know if I missed anyone

5 Matthew Hurt
41 Zach Harvery
99 CJ Walker

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Andrew Slater‏ @Andrew__Slater 13h13 hours ago
2b50.png
Kira Lewis @Mr_Lewis3 of @GAStars in home visits this week: Tuesday: Providence Ole Miss Houston Wednesday: Tennessee Iowa State Alabama

Reactions: CyTwins

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015

Prohm watched DJ Carton last night. I’m not sure how good of a chance we have but I’d be pretty surprised if he went to Iowa, regardless of the connections he had to them.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Prohm watched DJ Carton last night. I’m not sure how good of a chance we have but I’d be pretty surprised if he went to Iowa, regardless of the connections he had to them.

Guess I don't get why so many are convinced he won't go to Iowa. I get that he has raised some more eyebrows and some bigger fish may come calling. But hasn't DJ not only visited Iowa a lot of times, plus played with a lot of their players in AAU including the McCaffrey's? Seems to be a big10 lean and with it being the home state, I guess I wouldn't be surprised at all.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Guess I don't get why so many are convinced he won't go to Iowa. I get that he has raised some more eyebrows and some bigger fish may come calling. But hasn't DJ not only visited Iowa a lot of times, plus played with a lot of their players in AAU including the McCaffrey's? Seems to be a big10 lean and with it being the home state, I guess I wouldn't be surprised at all.
He hasn’t played with any current Iowa player or recruit in AAU. And maybe I’m not factoring in the location and connections enough, but with the schools on him and the schools he’ll likely have after him soon, I’d just be a little surprised if he actually ends up a Hawkeye.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

Same reason we didn’t get Barnes. He was basically practicing with the team. Had the code to the practice facility. Son of the coach played on the same team as him. Yet, when the big boys come calling. Kids listen

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If you look at the PG play under Prohm (Monté, NWB and Wigginton), compared to the anemic PG play under Fran - who would you rather play for? Now, I'm not suggesting that it is between IA and ISU - but if it were, you'd be completely foolish to go to the Hoks. Not only has Fran not been able to develop strong guard play, any recruit is going to have his hands full trying to pry minutes away from his kids.

The kid has to go back to the Quad Cities and probably has family there. It’s almost a question of your family’s safety if you choose ISU over Iowa. He can get away with an out of state school.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

Plus, his grandpa played basketball for Iowa.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: kistek and 2020cy

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

ISU Targets:
30. DJ Carton
33. Romeo Weems
43. EJ Liddell
44. Samuell Williamson
76. Mario McKinney
81. Kira Lewis
83. KyKy Tandy
114. Tyrell Terry
123. Mylik Wilson
137. Luke Anderson

Let me know if I missed anyone

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
ISU recruiting three ten of the "players look primed for a future rankings bump" scout identified from the first eval period.

https://247sports.com/Article/-Noto...-game-buzz-many-new-Big-Ten-commits-117642302

Samuell Williamson, SF, Drive Nation

Heading into the April evaluation periods, buzz was building in Texas around Williamson, a 6-foot-6 wing out of Rockwall (Tex.) High. In our viewing on Saturday, Williamson lived up to expectations scoring 20 points on 7-for-10 shooting and tossing out five assists. For the weekend, Williamson averaged 14.7 points a game. Williamson has good size and length for a perimeter prospect. He also possesses impressive athleticism, that helps him particularly in transition and on the defensive end. He’s a capable shot maker from three with fine mechanics. He connected on all three of his attempts this past weekend. Williamson is also a good rebounder for a perimeter prospect.

Recruiting: Texas, Kansas, SMU, TCU, LSU, Kansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Iowa State, USC, Texas A&M

Tyrell Terry, PG, D1 Minnesota

Playing on a team loaded with high-major players, it is kind of a surprise that Terry is one who stole the show at times. While he isn't an elite athlete, and he does need to add weight, Terry is the consummate leader at the point guard position. His basketball IQ and feel for the game are off the charts. Terry gets his teammates so many easy looks it is truly incredible. Add in that he is a really good shooter, and finishes surprisingly well in traffic, and it is easy to see why big-time offers came flowing in following his performances this weekend.

Recruiting: Minnesota, Stanford, Butler, Xavier, Iowa State

Dain Dainja, PF, Grassroots Sizzle

A big-bodied 2020 post player at 6-8, Dainja had an impact on the game throughout the UAA event with his physical play. A sure-handed space eater, he was a top 10 rebounder averaging 7.5 rebounds per game. He also did some damage offensively averaging 10.3 points per game. Dainja scored in a variety of ways, including from behind the three-point arc. Although a positional defender, Dainja also blocked just under two shots per game. Currently with a No. 101 ranking in the Top247, he is a strong contender for four-star status.

Recruiting: Baylor, Indiana, Iowa State, Minnesota, Wisconsin and others

Reactions: baagoe and CyTwins

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
ISU recruiting three ten of the "players look primed for a future rankings bump" scout identified from the first eval period.

https://247sports.com/Article/-Noto...-game-buzz-many-new-Big-Ten-commits-117642302

Samuell Williamson, SF, Drive Nation

Heading into the April evaluation periods, buzz was building in Texas around Williamson, a 6-foot-6 wing out of Rockwall (Tex.) High. In our viewing on Saturday, Williamson lived up to expectations scoring 20 points on 7-for-10 shooting and tossing out five assists. For the weekend, Williamson averaged 14.7 points a game. Williamson has good size and length for a perimeter prospect. He also possesses impressive athleticism, that helps him particularly in transition and on the defensive end. He’s a capable shot maker from three with fine mechanics. He connected on all three of his attempts this past weekend. Williamson is also a good rebounder for a perimeter prospect.

Recruiting: Texas, Kansas, SMU, TCU, LSU, Kansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Iowa State, USC, Texas A&M

Tyrell Terry, PG, D1 Minnesota

Playing on a team loaded with high-major players, it is kind of a surprise that Terry is one who stole the show at times. While he isn't an elite athlete, and he does need to add weight, Terry is the consummate leader at the point guard position. His basketball IQ and feel for the game are off the charts. Terry gets his teammates so many easy looks it is truly incredible. Add in that he is a really good shooter, and finishes surprisingly well in traffic, and it is easy to see why big-time offers came flowing in following his performances this weekend.

Recruiting: Minnesota, Stanford, Butler, Xavier, Iowa State

Dain Dainja, PF, Grassroots Sizzle

A big-bodied 2020 post player at 6-8, Dainja had an impact on the game throughout the UAA event with his physical play. A sure-handed space eater, he was a top 10 rebounder averaging 7.5 rebounds per game. He also did some damage offensively averaging 10.3 points per game. Dainja scored in a variety of ways, including from behind the three-point arc. Although a positional defender, Dainja also blocked just under two shots per game. Currently with a No. 101 ranking in the Top247, he is a strong contender for four-star status.

Recruiting: Baylor, Indiana, Iowa State, Minnesota, Wisconsin and others

Ironic they listed us for Terry and not Iowa. Shoot McCaffrey is sending his kid to play AAU with him, Is actively recruiting him and they don't even get a mention.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Ironic they listed us for Terry and not Iowa. Shoot McCaffrey is sending his kid to play AAU with him, Is actively recruiting him and they don't even get a mention.

Yeah, that is strange he was the fall back plan for Carton for Fran... I believe they were watching him with ISU this past weekend. Terry has started to get attention from a number of P5 programs.
Possible Iowa may have moved to Locure fom DSM as the second option, I have seem them mentioned in most his recruiting mentions.

Help Support Us

Become a patron