***Big 10 Thread***

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
What would have JBo done if the game was within a point or two? I would bet he would have made it. I didn't listen to any post game comments. Just thought I would ask.

@Gonzo, @iahawks, @dexterhawk are you guys picking up the slack for the incarcerated yeahbuddy?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
What would have JBo done if the game was within a point or two? I would bet he would have made it. I didn't listen to any post game comments. Just thought I would ask.

@Gonzo, @iahawks, @dexterhawk are you guys picking up the slack for the incarcerated yeahbuddy?

Hard to know for sure but he sent a tweet saying life is bigger than basketball after game so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd still have missed it. Classy move, proud to have him on the team.

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
I agree but he's better than Fran
I disagree. Cuonzo is better when it comes to recruiting and talent acquisition, but Fran is better at actually coaching. Cuonzo has had a ton of talent in weak conferences and done very little. He's basically Travis Ford. Fran's teams are usually filled with mostly gangly ugly white guys who were 3 star recruits and he usually gets those guys to play a level where they're on the bubble with this year being the exception.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
That’s highly debatable. He had NBA talent like Marquese Chriss, Markelle Fultz, and Dejounte Murray and still couldn’t make the NCAA. I’d still take Martin all day given his ability to recruit.
Or not....How did you confuse Cal and Washington? Never realized there were actually similarities between Cuonzo martin and Lorenzo Romar that were beyond the skin color.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Goes back to sitting a year probably won't help Cook's NBA chances.

You think McKay and Burton hurt they pro chances by sitting out? Cook won't be NBA ready for a few years, if ever, staying in IC or transferring and sitting out makes no difference. He has a long ways to go.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Hard to know for sure but he sent a tweet saying life is bigger than basketball after game so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd still have missed it. Classy move, proud to have him on the team.

Why didn’t he miss the previous one so Street could have that to himself? Seems kind of selfish and a ploy to get the fans on your side after shitting all over their beds for the past 4 months.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I disagree. Cuonzo is better when it comes to recruiting and talent acquisition, but Fran is better at actually coaching. Cuonzo has had a ton of talent in weak conferences and done very little. He's basically Travis Ford. Fran's teams are usually filled with mostly gangly ugly white guys who were 3 star recruits and he usually gets those guys to play a level where they're on the bubble with this year being the exception.

Fran can’t coach at all.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That’s highly debatable. He had NBA talent like Marquese Chriss, Markelle Fultz, and Dejounte Murray and still couldn’t make the NCAA. I’d still take Martin all day given his ability to recruit.

It's almost like recruiting is a big part of what makes you a good coach

Reactions: MartinCy

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
wut

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Cool to hold tribute, but I'd like to know what he would do if something big were riding on the game/free throw.

Do you miss a free throw on purpose in an NCAA tourney game or something to honor someone who died before you were born?