****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
We'll have THT, Lewis, Long, Haliburton and Wiggi to play the 2/3 in '19-20. I think it will depend on Lewis, Haliburton and Long's development and if we take Tyler Harris on. PG would probably be a bigger need if we get Harris.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
What's the latest on the big kid from Grandview Christian?

I was wondering the same thing. I am not even sure if he is playing for them as they don't enter box scores on Max Preps. They don't have a roster on their website as well. Here is a rivals video of him when he was a sophomore or freshman playing in TN.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I was wondering the same thing. I am not even sure if he is playing for them as they don't enter box scores on Max Preps. They don't have a roster on their website as well. Here is a rivals video of him when he was a sophomore or freshman playing in TN.

It looks like he had 8 points and fouled out against Lynnville-Sully in his last game. All of the games are entered on www.quikstatsiowa.com

• Informative
Reactions: JVAR

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We'll have THT, Lewis, Long, Haliburton and Wiggi to play the 2/3 in '19-20. I think it will depend on Lewis, Haliburton and Long's development and if we take Tyler Harris on. PG would probably be a bigger need if we get Harris.

Assuming we are wanting to go with, basically, a three guard lineup with a match up problem power forward and a more traditional big, I think you'd want 6 guards at any given time.

Seems like versatility is the watch word, with this class having THT who could potentially be thrown in at any given time to positions 1-4, Zion who probably slates as a 2/3 and Haliburton who has the size to play 1-3. Conditt looks like he could even be a match up problem at the 4 (or 5) if he continues to develop.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Assuming we are wanting to go with, basically, a three guard lineup with a match up problem power forward and a more traditional big, I think you'd want 6 guards at any given time.

Seems like versatility is the watch word, with this class having THT who could potentially be thrown in at any given time to positions 1-4, Zion who probably slates as a 2/3 and Haliburton who has the size to play 1-3. Conditt looks like he could even be a match up problem at the 4 (or 5) if he continues to develop.

Just from watching videos, Zion seems bigger than THT. I don’t know how that translates to his ability to play in the post, but thought his former coach had him playing big almost exclusively. If all of that is true, then Zion is more of a 3-4.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Just from watching videos, Zion seems bigger than THT. I don’t know how that translates to his ability to play in the post, but thought his former coach had him playing big almost exclusively. If all of that is true, then Zion is more of a 3-4.
Zion is more of a 3-4 Wing, where THT is more of a 2-3 Wing. If I had to differentiate them. But I also think Zion doesn't get much respect as a wing because his HS coach has him playing big because he is the only kid over 6'6 on their team haha. Both are going to be fun watching when they line up on the floor together, at least one will have a mismatch

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Zion is more of a 3-4 Wing, where THT is more of a 2-3 Wing. If I had to differentiate them. But I also think Zion doesn't get much respect as a wing because his HS coach has him playing big because he is the only kid over 6'6 on their team haha. Both are going to be fun watching when they line up on the floor together, at least one will have a mismatch

Love having multiple athletes in that 6’5” - 6’7” range on the floor at the same time. Reminds me of the days of the late 80”s team when we had Grayer, Mark Baugh and Elmer Robinson among others.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This class would be replacing NWB, Shayok and Talley right now? Possible LW? Seems like the perfect time to get another stud PG and/or combo guard, then I'd guess a big.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Right on. I can see Zion playing PF much like Ejim-mold early. He does have a solid outside shoot already thus he'll get time at SF depending on roster make up is also in play.

THT handle and passing is very advanced I would think Prohm will prefer to keep him on the perimeter to take advantage of those skills. He can slide down to the PF at times but I think he'll be a bigger matchup problem at SG/SF and posting up smaller players.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
According to Quikstats
Issa Samake 6-07JR Grand View Christian
played his first game of the season 1/12/18. 8 points 2 rebounds 5 fouls
He started and they are undefeated.

Last edited:

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
According to Quikstats
Issa Samake 6-07JR Grand View Christian
played his first game of the season 1/12/18. 8 points 2 rebounds 5 fouls
He started and they are undefeated.

What's the story on this kid? Why is he at Grand View Christian going all LeBron James on a bunch of small school class 1A 5'10 dudes???

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Love having multiple athletes in that 6’5” - 6’7” range on the floor at the same time. Reminds me of the days of the late 80”s team when we had Grayer, Mark Baugh and Elmer Robinson among others.
That name hurts. ISU was going to have, maybe, the best returning front court in the country that year. Then Baugh flunked out, Sam Mack did his Burger King thing and all that was left was V.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
That name hurts. ISU was going to have, maybe, the best returning front court in the country that year. Then Baugh flunked out, Sam Mack did his Burger King thing and all that was left was V.

Yeah, we ended up with a solid starting five, but with almost no depth. We were competitive in games then would fade.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
What's the story on this kid? Why is he at Grand View Christian going all LeBron James on a bunch of small school class 1A 5'10 dudes???

He looks like he is awesome but it seems by the box scores being posted he scores very little. I’m confused

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

That was going to be Johnny's venture into the top 5.