Christmas Gift Thread

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I was gifted a proud dad moment on Christmas eve. We were hosting my wife's family at our house and everyone was in the kitchen eating snacks and having drinks. My 3 year old daughter grabs her little can of ginger ale and raised it in the air and yelled "dilly dilly" without hesitation everyone in the kitchen raised their glass and yelled "dilly dilly" back. She (nor I) could have been any prouder.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not a gift story but Brasky's post reminded me of the "Coke" incident Christmas Eve when I had been invited over to a friends for her family thingie. One of her grandnephews keep repeatedly asking for a Diet Coke. Friend does not have pop in the house. Kid persists and says he saw some. So later we are playing Uno and the kids pops a can of "pop" he found in the kitchen area and takes a big swig followed by a huge ACK reaction. He had grabbed a can of Coors Light. In the darkened kitchen I can see how it looked like a silver Diet Coke can. He had been being kinda of a **** to his little brother earlier we all thought this was funny as hell.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
One of my more practical xmas hauls only topped by the year my gf and mom teamed up for basically a whole new golf setup.

I got a Dyson cordless vacuum which I just hadn't been able to buy myself. Got an awesome Under Armour jacket that's thin but winter jacket warm. Then I got a couple Duluth shirts for work and few other little things.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I got a turntable, some albums, and a storage thingy for my truck. Cyclones gear was a pullover that will keep me warm

I know everyone's teasing you, but I also asked for and received a turntable and some albums! I got Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings and Billie Holiday. I really wanted each. Those kinds of voices sound better on vinyl; no shame!

I also puked on Christmas Eve. As did Janny. As did our three-year-old. It was quite the festival.

Reactions: cyclones500

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I bought myself new bike Pedals and some tools for the garage. The wife has given up on buying me gifts.

• Funny
Reactions: Tailg8er

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Wife and I didn't buy each other anything. Bought the kids some presents and got a $75 Best Buy gift card on the family gift exchange. Best present was a riding motorized Mater tow truck for my 2 year old. He freaking loves that thing. Everyone else was getting tired of following him to make sure he didn't crash into anything and hoping for the battery to die any minute. However, towards the end of the day he got really good at turning and avoiding obstacles. Best $60 I've ever spent.

Reactions: NWICY and Angie