Christmas Gift Thread

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
My wife got me a Mr. PoopyButthole action figure, which I am trying to convince myself to display at my desk at work.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
My wife got me a Mr. PoopyButthole action figure, which I am trying to convince myself to display at my desk at work.

You are welcome for the conundrum.

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
You could at least find one with a better taste in shows

You don't like Rick & Morty?! Did you like Community? I can understand if Dan Harmon isn't your jam.

• Creative
Reactions: CTTB78

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Rick and Morty isnt my thing, find no entertainment in it.

I enjoy it, although I've not watched it regularly and may have only seen the best episodes (unsure). But I think it's definitely polarizing.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I know everyone's teasing you, but I also asked for and received a turntable and some albums! I got Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings and Billie Holiday. I really wanted each. Those kinds of voices sound better on vinyl; no shame!

I also puked on Christmas Eve. As did Janny. As did our three-year-old. It was quite the festival.

C'mon Angie you know little kids aren't supposed to have the adult's eggnog;). For reals hope you all get feeling better soon.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Forgot, was at ISU buddies for supper last night. Drinking some champagne with them cause that's what I do on holidays and they notice I am wearing an old Timex Exhibition sports watch. "Hey, go get that Timex we found in the yard for Boxster." They come in with what looks like a brand new Timex Ironman sports watch. Looks like it just came out of the box. They found it in their backyard and have no idea where it came from. They cannot figure it out but it alarms at 7:00, 7:08 and 7:15 and it's driving them crazy so they give it me since since I own an old Timex and I'll figure it out. The mode won't display anything but the time so I was thinking it was a lost cause until I figure the alarm and other functions had been set to "hide". So, cool, got the alarms turned off and got a new running watch.

Reactions: NWICY

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Wife and I didn't buy each other anything. Bought the kids some presents and got a $75 Best Buy gift card on the family gift exchange. Best present was a riding motorized Mater tow truck for my 2 year old. He freaking loves that thing. Everyone else was getting tired of following him to make sure he didn't crash into anything and hoping for the battery to die any minute. However, towards the end of the day he got really good at turning and avoiding obstacles. Best $60 I've ever spent.

Dad gum!

• Funny
Reactions: cyhiphopp and GTO

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I got some bluetooth headphones which I have wanted for a while and will probably use every day at work.

My wife also surprised me and got me and my boys a PS4. I might finally stop playing PS3 games now.

Of course the real gift will be having time to play it. We'll see how that works out.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron