Hearing a Campbell to Nebraska rumor...

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
So he was a strong candidate at Tenn supposedly too, but not anymore. Being a candidate doesnt mean he's going. The only thing that said he was going was a fake Troll account on Twitter. Hell every University in the nation can say he is a candidate but that in no way he is going, wants to go, they can afford it, or it is even remotely true.

I agree. Just providing a link that wasn't **** twitter account

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Nebraska is not even close to the same job it was ten years ago. In fact minus tradition. It’s no better than our job. That is why they keep hiring and firing coaches. They can’t get a big name
Not to mention the whole fan base is living in the past with over blown expectations and Osborne overshadowing everything you do.

• Agree
Reactions: r06b and ILikeCy

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Drama queen much? Think where the program has been for the last 5 years. We're going bowling with wins against tcu and Oklahoma. Not everything went our way, but this was still a very successful season with more great moments than bad ones. Take a step back from the cliff, man.
Nut kicks don't hurt when you are having a 2-3 win season. They hurt when you take down top 5 teams and then lose to kitties.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Fingers crossed "we're in this for the long haul" doesn't translate to "firmly entrenched"
But after that game, I'm keeping the titanium nut cup on for the next 6 months

At the same time, controversial or not his stock drops somewhat being a 7-5 coach instead of a 8-4 one, particularly with the programs that would be considered true upgrades.

• Dislike
Reactions: tolfbfan

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Drama queen much? Think where the program has been for the last 5 years. We're going bowling with wins against tcu and Oklahoma. Not everything went our way, but this was still a very successful season with more great moments than bad ones. Take a step back from the cliff, man.
I do agree, but we could easily have 9 wins instead of 7 right now. Getting the officials in our favor for once is possible over time, we just have to keep winning for that to be possible.

BTW, people need to stop with the "fire Manning" crap. He is new to being an OC and will learn from his mistakes. Plus he is an amazing o-line coach. We are down from 32 sacks allowed last year to 14 this year. Our offense has been very disciplined. Don't doubt Manning. He will be a vital piece of this program and it's future success.

GoldCard

Nov 25, 2016
Really like Campbell, but if he chooses Nebraska, then I can honestly say I don't want him here. I see him as a smarter man and a man of more integrity than that. I'd be disappointed for Iowa State if he left for a lot of schools. I'd be disappointed for Matt Campbell if he chose Nebby.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I would be shocked if he went to Nebraska. That is one of the worst jobs in the country, only thing that makes it better than ISU is the Big 12 instability. Other than that Nebraska is an inferior job now, hard to believe, but that job is terrible.

• Winner
Reactions: khardbored

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Serious question - who do other schools call to gauge interest? Since Campbell doesn’t have an agent, so they call Pollard or just him directly.
I find it hard to believe he’s entertaining offers in the middle of game prep.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011
It's flattering to have our coach mentioned for jobs.....means we have a great one.

Nebraska could afford the buyout and a massive contract easily despite all the buyout on the books. They are still self-sufficient and now will make a full Big Ten money share.

With that said, Nebraska will end up with Frost or Leach.

• Funny
Reactions: dcorbatt

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Just a rumor and the last thing anyone wants to hear after that BS game, but I thought it should be discussed.

Personally I think Campbell stays with the good guys. I hope the Big 12 officials have nothing to do with his decision.

I heard Ferentz has prostate cancer and will be taking a medical retirement after his bowel game.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
It's flattering to have our coach mentioned for jobs.....means we have a great one.

Nebraska could afford the buyout and a massive contract easily despite all the buyout on the books. They are still self-sufficient and now will make a full Big Ten money share.

With that said, Nebraska will end up with Frost or Leach.
The fact that they could pay it doesnt mean they will, you have to realize they have 3 coaches making millions still on the books, plus would have to pay a $9.5 million buyout on CMC, which is more than any college has been able to or willing to pay by a few million, plus at least a few years salary means a huge amount of money to bring in CMC. While it is possible, I don't see it as likely, I see other candidates that aren't such a huge immediate expense being higher candidates.
Being able to pay for something vs being willing to are 2 completely different things especially considering how things have went with their last several coaches.