The Sunday After: Baylor

2Xclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Jay I love your writing and enjoy your articles every week. Although I knew my size and speed wouldn’t allow me to play at Iowa State I was lucky be able to continue being around a game I love by beig a student manager in the early 80s. I still enjoy those times I get to say hi to guys that played back in my time.
Cyclone fans are truly unique and no fan base in the country can match or understand what that means. Go Cyclones!!

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Look forward to your articles every week. Always thought provoking and insightful.

Sounds like your day was very special. When you're with Cyclones, you're with family!

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
All I can say is thanks Jay. You spelled out very well why we all care about this stuff. It’s all about people, our connections with them, and great stories. Let’s finally get KSU!

vacyclone

Nov 17, 2012
Your experience at the Baylor game sounds very similar to my experience here in Myrtle Beach this weekend. Living in Virginia means I don't get to go to many games in person. I try to take advantage when I can, but even WVU is almost 5 hours away. Being a part of the crowd down here for 3 basketball games and a football gamewatch (thanks CW!) makes me wish I could live closer. My 4-year-old daughter has had a great time this weekend, and I hope I've turned her into a Cyclone fan, but it's too early for her to really get it like your son. I've made a promise to myself to make a better effort to get to more games in person. In the meantime, I'll just keep watching all of the football and basketball games on TV - I rarely miss one. And hopefully I can pass the passion on to my kids as well.

JJIII

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 24, 2017
Your experience at the Baylor game sounds very similar to my experience here in Myrtle Beach this weekend. Living in Virginia means I don't get to go to many games in person. I try to take advantage when I can, but even WVU is almost 5 hours away. Being a part of the crowd down here for 3 basketball games and a football gamewatch (thanks CW!) makes me wish I could live closer. My 4-year-old daughter has had a great time this weekend, and I hope I've turned her into a Cyclone fan, but it's too early for her to really get it like your son. I've made a promise to myself to make a better effort to get to more games in person. In the meantime, I'll just keep watching all of the football and basketball games on TV - I rarely miss one. And hopefully I can pass the passion on to my kids as well.
Right on brutha. Glad I communicated what I meant. So glad you and the others were there in Myrtle. That basketball team is exciting. Prohm, Campbell, and Dresser are a new era in Cyclone athletics. Pollard should be given props for how he has dialed in the hiring process.