****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I'm well aware :) I just don't think his offense alone will single-handily elevate us to a tournament team. Lots of basketball and recruiting to go until next season though. We'll see.

I would bet my bottom dollar we will be a tournament team next year. Fairly easily. Babb, Wigginton, Shayok, Lard, Young, Talley, THT, Jacobsen, Lewis, Griffin, Conditt. May the best 8-9 get consistent minutes. That is a ton of talent and a loaded roster.

Not to mention I wouldn't be surprised if we go after a grad transfer if a difference maker is available. Likely in the frontcourt.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Long announced his presence with authority last night. I really doubt we add a Grad Transfer. I'm doubting we even have a transfer now. 2019 needs look like PG, a big & maybe a wing.

I know it's only one game but Long made me completely re think next years rotation.

PG: NWB w/ Haliburton being spoon fed much like Monte was.
SR/FR

SG: Wiggy w/ JL commanding minutes
SO/JR

SF: Shayok w/ THT or possibly Lewis
SR/FR-SO

S4: Tally, Griffin and eventually Conditt
SR/FR-FR

PF: Young, Lard, & Jacobson
JR/SO-JR

I think Young and Lard will both start up front but we'll see the bulk of their minutes playing separately.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
We'll have some serious length next year with NWB, Shayok, and Lard.
Talley has great positional length too. That’s 4 guys that can defend all over the court. Young and Jacobson would be huge for most of our past teams and provides muscle. Then there’s the freshmen, which all have good length.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis