Depth Chart at Texas Tech

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I personally don't think we see Jacob Park in an Iowa State uniform again....

I have no reason to think anything one way or the other as I have zero idea/knowledge.information as to what is going on. My only pause is the people who seemed to have the inside knowledge where the story broke said it would be just one game.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It’s an interesting change. I wonder if anything changed with his status/issue between last week snd today?
It would be fantastic if it meant gamesmanship by CMC and that Park was actually going to start against a TT defense preparing all week for more of a horizontal Kempt. Probably a 0% chance though.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I have no reason to think anything one way or the other as I have zero idea/knowledge.information as to what is going on. My only pause is the people who seemed to have the inside knowledge where the story broke said it would be just one game.
Pretty much the stance that I have taken. Hopefully that he can come back, because he is pretty dynamic when playing well.

Might see the coaches test the vastly improved TY run defense with the Lantam, just because they had no answer last year. Might also see Zeb get some snaps if ISU needs to go down field to win.

Aug 26, 2014
Sure, but we all know correlation doesn't imply causation. Right?
giphy.gif

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Depth charts are basically meaningless. They only do them bc they have to. And they won't shed any new info to help the opp this coming week.
If you want me to **** on a piece of paper and stamp it depth chart, I can do that for ya, I got spare time. ..

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
I dont recall this. They said he was out for the Oklahoma game but I dont recall ever reading ONLY the Oklahoma game.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Depth charts are basically meaningless. They only do them bc they have to. And they won't shed any new info to help the opp this coming week.
If you want me to **** on a piece of paper and stamp it depth chart, I can do that for ya, I got spare time. ..

It isn't the final word by any means, but its not worthless by any means either. Our starters and playing rotation generally aligns with the listed depth chart.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I wonder if Leo is just not getting it.
Likely.

Our defense right now works due to the discipline of all the guys. I could see Leo having moments in which he would be more likely to beat his guy but we're placing more of an emphasis on staying in your lane and keeping containment. That said, I'm surprised he didn't see more development time against KU.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I would like to see both Tongamoa and Johnson get more snaps. I thought initially that Tongamoa would be playing more in this part of the season but the 3 man front and the play of Trent has kept that from happening. I want just 1 series this season to see Tongamoa and Lima on the interior together and just wreck the offensive line of the other team.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I would like to see both Tongamoa and Johnson get more snaps. I thought initially that Tongamoa would be playing more in this part of the season but the 3 man front and the play of Trent has kept that from happening. I want just 1 series this season to see Tongamoa and Lima on the interior together and just wreck the offensive line of the other team.
I would have played them both the entire second half last week, maybe even Leo too, but I'm huge on developmental snaps.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I would have played them both the entire second half last week, maybe even Leo too, but I'm huge on developmental snaps.
Johnson did play a ton in the second half - and well.

However, when we go with 3 down linemen, even with Enyi moved to the outside, there just aren't a ton of snaps in the middle. In that formation, Lima is clearly the '1' and needs to play a majority of the snaps, and Trent is clearly the '2', and was playing really well next to Lima before the switch. So Tonga and Johnson are both vying for 3rd string snaps, basically.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Johnson did play a ton in the second half - and well.

However, when we go with 3 down linemen, even with Enyi moved to the outside, there just aren't a ton of snaps in the middle. In that formation, Lima is clearly the '1' and needs to play a majority of the snaps, and Trent is clearly the '2', and was playing really well next to Lima before the switch. So Tonga and Johnson are both vying for 3rd string snaps, basically.

They still should have gotten in against a KU team that was really struggling, even by their standards. They may be needed for OSU and TT if they get off 80+ plays.