Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Proud of my daughter and her preschool class today. Had their first field trip, this one to the Public Library. Another parent and I went along.

Kids did great, even with a really strangely assembled tour. For whatever reason, the person they picked as a guide took us all to the different return points in the library and showed the kids the processes for getting books back to the shelf. I'm a dork, and I thought it was sort of interesting, but I'm not 4.

I got the distinct feeling from some verbage struggles the guide had trying to alter her description for a young audience that she had about 5 minutes notice or less, and really hadn't done this sort of thing before.

Still, I got to hang in the library with Z, we checked out some books, and read some right when we got home. That's a win.

I always went as a chaperone to kids field trips, except the ones that my wife taught. Worst was a fossil hunt by Rockford iowa. A strange kid walks up to me (2nd grade) and just starts screaming. I am just confused and am glad he's not in my group, I have my daughter and a couple more girls.

While fossil digging on some very soft hills with some steep drops, the one teacher asks if I could watch screamer. I say ok and ask where he is, another boy tells me he fell down this steep incline, I look down and sure as crap he's down there. I'm thinking, thanks a lot Linda (the teacher) as I shimmy down the hill to get him. Get to the top and the douchebag "accidentally " drops his fossil bucket back down and says he needs to go get it. I tell him to get his rear over to Linda and I will go back down. Every step the ground would give out so you had to move fast, I was gassed at the end.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I always went as a chaperone to kids field trips, except the ones that my wife taught. Worst was a fossil hunt by Rockford iowa. A strange kid walks up to me (2nd grade) and just starts screaming. I am just confused and am glad he's not in my group, I have my daughter and a couple more girls.

While fossil digging on some very soft hills with some steep drops, the one teacher asks if I could watch screamer. I say ok and ask where he is, another boy tells me he fell down this steep incline, I look down and sure as crap he's down there. I'm thinking, thanks a lot Linda (the teacher) as I shimmy down the hill to get him. Get to the top and the douchebag "accidentally " drops his fossil bucket back down and says he needs to go get it. I tell him to get his rear over to Linda and I will go back down. Every step the ground would give out so you had to move fast, I was gassed at the end.

Z's class has a kid who suddenly yells and whatever. Z doesn't seem amused, but seems a bit frightened by that. I don't think she can imagine kids working through issues like that, or just the general idea that kids don't always behave. She may be too good to understand how these things go.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Curfew talk mine was midnight along with the old adage "Nothing good ever happens after midnite". Pretty much only missed it once it was my Jr. yr went to friends do homework and afterwards were shooting rats out by their crib and just hanging out, lost track of time my folks called, went home didn't get in too much trouble.

Had leftover pork chops for supper tonight , they were pretty good.
I had grilled them using Italian dressing for a marinade, not much or fancy but it tasted pretty good.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Thread should have been closed the day it was started.

Can one of you with it young people tell me if should give a **** who Ed Sheeran is? My sister was all blah. blah, blah went to his concert with her daughter (cause you know, that's cool :rolleyes:), and when she got no reaction from me, informed me he's the current most popular musician in the galaxy. I pay no attention to pop music, so asked my high schoolers, and one of them said "lame" and the other rolled his eyes (although this response happens about a lot of things).

Hubby and the two older girls saw him when he was just starting out and was an opening act for Taylor Swift 4 years ago. No one here is a huge fan. I usually turn the station if one of his songs comes on. He is pretty "meh" for me. The 12 year old said she likes certain songs of his.

Reactions: carvers4math

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Curfew talk mine was midnight along with the old adage "Nothing good ever happens after midnite". Pretty much only missed it once it was my Jr. yr went to friends do homework and afterwards were shooting rats out by their crib and just hanging out, lost track of time my folks called, went home didn't get in too much trouble.

Had leftover pork chops for supper tonight , they were pretty good.
I had grilled them using Italian dressing for a marinade, not much or fancy but it tasted pretty good.

Old adage I'd always heard was aimed towards girls. Nothing open after 2 am besides hospitals and legs. Don't think using that on a boy would work real well.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
The vixen was the oldest of four, and she swears her kid sister (the youngest) NEVER got in trouble for ANYTHING. (That's certainly selective memory.) But she tells pretty entertaining stories about how Mishelle (spelling is correct) would come home dead drunk, sometimes with puke on her shoes, or would pass out on the porch swing when she didn't make it inside. My wife swears she would have gotten the yardstick if it had been her. o_O

Is Mishelle single?

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I got the distinct feeling from some verbage struggles the guide had trying to alter her description for a young audience that she had about 5 minutes notice or less, and really hadn't done this sort of thing before.

As someone who interviews kids for their job, I struggle with this myself.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Thread should have been closed the day it was started.

Can one of you with it young people tell me if should give a **** who Ed Sheeran is? My sister was all blah. blah, blah went to his concert with her daughter (cause you know, that's cool :rolleyes:), and when she got no reaction from me, informed me he's the current most popular musician in the galaxy. I pay no attention to pop music, so asked my high schoolers, and one of them said "lame" and the other rolled his eyes (although this response happens about a lot of things).

39 year old son really likes his lyrics. Tried to get me to like him, but I found him really really bland.

Hubby and the two older girls saw him when he was just starting out and was an opening act for Taylor Swift 4 years ago. No one here is a huge fan. I usually turn the station if one of his songs comes on. He is pretty "meh" for me. The 12 year old said she likes certain songs of his.
As popular musicians go, he's less annoying than most and seems to understand that he's not the best singer in the world and doesn't try to act like it during his songs. That being said, he is pretty meh. He also look like he could have played one of the hobbits in the Lord of the Rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.